+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Lambert so far

Paul Lambert so far

Four**** games in and he has a 50% win rate.
    Highs being the obvious, wins at Stoke and Anfield, a good win at Barnsley. The home loss to QPR and the Norwich away mess being the low points.

I'm warming to Lambert, which is hard work because he has the charisma of a brick. He has a point to prove and I believe he is getting on with it, slowly but surely.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Highs being the obvious, wins at Stoke and Anfield, a good win at Barnsley. The home loss to QPR and the Norwich away mess being the low points.

I'm warming to Lambert, which is hard work because he has the charisma of a brick. He has a point to prove and I believe he is getting on with it, slowly but surely.

Thoughts?
    He might have the Charisma of a brick but he has real passion, a clear game plan,and he understands us the fans. Three things Kenny could only dream of!

First opinions of him to me was he was a miserable git and that came across in his teams style of play but he's won me over!

I think his enthusiasm is on a par if not greater than Zengas and has certainly passed this to his players and is getting the best out of them!

He knows what he's doing and what it's all about, he's doing a good job!

Not afraid to give the youngsters a good run out also I might add.

I agree with your comments guys; Particulraly "Not afraid to give the youngsters a good run out ", " He has passed his enthusiasm on to his players and is getting the best out of them!"

He knows what he's doing and what it's all about, he's doing a good job!

One question ....... Where's the Fickleometer ???? Come back Greavesey !!

Obviously I am not in as good a position to comment as the boys above but here goes anyway. In the few games I have seen over the last eigh**** months or so we have never seemed to have a recognizable shape or purpose to our play. The last couple of games, especially the cup games, this seems to have changed or is changing. Better shape, especially defensively. This has to be down to Lambert. I think he is an organized capable, if unimaginative, coach who will give the club the stability to get us into a more respectable position in the table. But that is about it I think.

I'm with you on this one, Woodie. As an ex-pat long attuned to the Australian drawl I only wish I could understand what he's saying
    when interviewiewed (always sounds to me as if he is trying to speak through a mouthful of fudge and his lack of facial expression doesn't help either), but no matter. Up until the Burton game I thought he must know what he's doing, but his lack of vision and guidance yesterday, against mediocre opposition, really disappointed me. Furthermore, I don't believe he's making full use of what the 'Bod' can bring to the team, if given sufficient game-time. His sparing use of the Icelandic in each and every game is wasteful as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, I believe PL has introduced a sense of purpose and cohesion into the team that wasn't there before (and, unfortunately, wasn't evident yesterday). I think he is on the right track, but still has much to do.

I believe Lambert is exactly the manager we need and unlike Woody I think he is an imaginitive and progressive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I believe Lambert is exactly the manager we need and unlike Woody I think he is an imaginitive and progressive coach.
    I agree with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post

Thoughts?
    I think it will take time and to get his message across won't happen overnight. It's quick and easy for any of us to criticise after a defeat and then praise upon a victory. For me at the moment Lambert is getting the best out of a squad that he is taking a good look at by rotating his side. The buck often stops with the manager. Iw ill judge Lambert more next season, should wolves remain in this division.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)