+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the axe must fall

the axe must fall

Time for Coyle to go he has had enough time to get it right and we continue to flounder
    bring in anybody
    can they do any worse?

How many managers could get it right with what Venkys put on the plate Robin, I fear they will be joining the lesser classes come May. Unless some die hard Rovers fan wins the Euro lottery,,,long time since I was on but nowt has changed.

IF it's a given that with OC we'll be relegated, then yes it couldn't be any worse. But that's a big if.
    As on the other side of the coin, if he is destined to keep us up, and the new man fails ???
    That's not me saying I believe he will, far from it. But it is still 'in the balance', as most of us have predicted.
    As Pat says we must put ourselves in his shoes and consider the obstacles he and any face at our club.
    Again, don't get me wrong, I still am unconvinced of his tactical nouse I.e. Mahoney by now for me would have been playing a far more prominent role. As shown yet again by his cameo.
    At this actual moment in time I still am looking for Senior to show his hand. By that I mean is he just yet another yes man/ go between, if so we are no more nearer a solution than we where years ago.
    If this man has any credibility, once he was approached, which I assume he was, he should have had the integrity to have informed Venkys that his role would be to manage the overall affairs of BRFC without their interference, on the basis that he knows and understands football, where they do not.
    His pledge would be to do what's best for BRFC as an institution, and secondary concerns would be Venkys 'investment'.
    The none action of the recent window you could take one way or another; either he has acted in the best interests of Venkys ie spend nowt more ( especially at the behest of OC?). Or, his conclusion of OC is that he for sure is leading us to relegation. Therefore, now he may well be informing Venkys that they must despatch him.

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat View Post
    How many managers could get it right with what Venkys put on the plate Robin, I fear they will be joining the lesser classes come May. Unless some die hard Rovers fan wins the Euro lottery,,,long time since I was on but nowt has changed.
    Good to hear from you, Pat. As you say, "nothing has changed."
    To be fair, a long-term friend who has supported Rotherham as long as I've supported Rovers (that is, since the dawn of time!) has e-mailed me to say that a fair score would have been 5-3 to Rovers. But when you lack confidence, it's almost as if luck turns against you as well.
    On the other hand - as Despair says - not starting with Mahoney seems perverse. In fact, I suspect he would have started today if Mulgrew hadn't had to be moved into the back four because of Greer's injury.
    It looks as if Joao is going to be yet another bench-warmer. I can't understand his signing at all, when we already have Emnes and Stokes in reserve up front - not to mention several promising youngsters. Could Coyle already be looking to Gallagher's return to his home-club at the end of the season?
    He almost seems to be suggesting he signed anyone he could get in the end, because he wasn't allowed to sign who he wanted to! The mad-house mentality rules again!

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Time for Coyle to go he has had enough time to get it right and we continue to flounder
    bring in anybody
    can they do any worse?
    I'm not sure, Robin. As I said in my reply to Pat, all the reports suggest we should have won comfortably today. Low confidence, bad luck, injuries and the failure to sign someone creative in January are all combining to keep us just the wrong side of the line.
    We might get a "bounce" from a new man, but I still think it's a 50-50 gamble.

Ok one rule I broke yesterday don't post when you have had a few drinks
    I was annoyed we couldn't despatch lowly Rotherham but when you look at the table we are no different
    I had my good friend round who has seen it all as a Luton supporter he is convinced we can stay up
    7 points should be a minimum from February
    so far we have 4
    So let's look at the following fixtures
    Sheffield Wednesday:nailed on loss possible hammering
    burton away:tricky place to go looking like a draw
    derby home:looking dodgy under McLaren so maybe a draw or win
    we may look back on this game with a lttle regret we couldn't win this game as coming up we have Sheffield Wednesday and Manchester United both carrying a similar risk of a hammering we could be traveling to a massive game at burton at an all time low.

No need to throw the towel in just yet, even if you did go down look at Bolton riding high in lge 1 and winning games. And us the Lions went to Wembly last season and have already beaten 2 multi - millionaire Premier teams in the cup, so look on the bright side.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    No need to throw the towel in just yet, even if you did go down look at Bolton riding high in lge 1 and winning games. And us the Lions went to Wembly last season and have already beaten 2 multi - millionaire Premier teams in the cup, so look on the bright side.

Yep, how sweet is that when you pull it off. Home grown talent included in the squad even better.
    Far more satisfying than when in the same showbiz Prem league.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    bring in anybody
    can they do any worse?
    Yep ! if i was you i would be swinging the axe all over the phuckin gaff.. if that fails i would get someone to swing it at my head..

at least he is being watched now very closely, by Senior. I'm unsure if this is a good thing (surley it must be?) or who is in charge, the Venky's, OC or Senior?
    I'm glad he didnt have anything to waste (or spend) in Jan, and its pretty clear its a case of wait until they go down before assesing the situation again. I dont buy into the notion this playing squad is good enough to stay up without any investment. They are woeful, almost all of them.
    We wont play Mahoney again as it means paying him more money (appearance fees) so they have a Salgado situation with him. I'd rather we at least go down with our own young players, than journeymen. But the clueless one should not be allowed another penny. At least thats one thing. Plenty of football to play yet, anything can happen.

I'd always back us in a game vrs a decent outfit rather than Rotherham. Look at the 2 Newcastle games. A draw wouldn't be bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)