+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A night that summed up our season.

A night that summed up our season.

Everything about last night seemed to sum up our season to me. From the journey into Pride Park listening to the repetitive bitter, twisted and delusional ramblings of Garner and - 'we were just about to go on a run' - Clough, to the performances on the pitch...Burton utterly dreadful and Derby equally incompetent... and then finally McClaren's dreary, uninspired post match summary where our inability to pick up more than 2/9 points at home against three very average sides was repeatedly described and justified as 'that's football'.
    That wasn't football last night Steve...that was bollux. The only people to emerge with any credit, Burton fans apart, were the tireless Keogh and to a lesser extent Ince - dreadful corners apart - Hughes and Anya who for some reason you saw fit to take off.
    I honestly can't remember feeling more disillusioned about Derby's prospects than I do at the moment. Even the so called young and hungry Max Lowe looked disinterested and lost. There are, I think, another six home matches left this season. They're now totally meaningless and to attend them all would, including other outgoings, cost at least £200. Fortunately I'll be out of the country for many of them but I've got to the point where if many of the players don't appear bothered why should I make an effort? Judging by the huge number of seats that began emptying with ten minutes to go there are plenty of others thinking much the same. Make no mistake, in terms of where we go from here...it's crisis time.

So, an enjoyable night out then!

'Have'nt we been here before Steve??'

If Pearson was given the time he needed we'd be well into the rebuilding process now, people wanted success straight away though, so we've ended up with the usual 'getting to our target' (which in this case was the playoffs not the autos) and then bottling it.

Sounds strange but under Pearson we'd have seen steady progress (like Cardiff under Warnock) and that would have been much healthier than our annuel meltdown we have every year with the majority of the same players, Pearson is a hard nosed bloke who would have sorted the problems, Mac is a soft touch that just shrugs of failure like last night.

Now we're in an even bigger mess because we've got mish mash of 4 managers players.... we need a manager and we need to give him 3-5 years ffs.

I don't think McClaren is the man to get this club up, but if he's given the job beyond this season I'll say give him the time he needs to try and sort it, if after 18 months we're still going nowhere then by all means get rid. but this is going to take 18 months to 2 years to get the sort dross out the door.

Who's seriously going to buy some of our lot? esp on the contracts their on here, I think we're stuck with some of them, esp bloody Blackman.

But Pearson, rightly or wrongly, wasn't given the time DCFCA so that's done with. The past isn't the issue, it's the future that matters so...if, in your opinion SM isn't the right man...who would you go for and can we cope with the embarrassment of yet another sacking?
    No right or wrong answer...I've haven't a clue anymore...just don't know where we go from here.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-02-2017 at 11:25 AM.

What worries me, is that with Martin coming back, and possibly Thorne coming back, that next season will see the same again.

I don't see much point in changing the manager, its the players that have been consistently inconsistent. Mac got a reaction out of them to get us away from the relegation zone, but that purple patch and good fortune has now finished, and we are exactly where we deserve to be.

In our position, we're not going to get the best in the business, they are all going to have something wrong with them. They just need to have enough about them to get us out of the league. I think Mac does have enough, but he's going to have to work hard this summer. It's a tough end to the season for us, but we might get a bit of luck, worth hanging in for a handful more games.

Does anyone know the conditions of McClaren's contract? Does it extend beyond the end of this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Does anyone know the conditions of McClaren's contract? Does it extend beyond the end of this season?
    Clause 37.1g Don't piss off the keyboard warriors

A good night for our neighbours,and a reflection of 43 million spent on players,paying high salary's,for their services.
    A good time to reflect on the past.Take a look at our recruitment,Mel should hold his nerve.
    He has decided Steve is his man,Next season is ***** for the club.
    This season can we go on a good run-----------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)