Everything about last night seemed to sum up our season to me. From the journey into Pride Park listening to the repetitive bitter, twisted and delusional ramblings of Garner and - 'we were just about to go on a run' - Clough, to the performances on the pitch...Burton utterly dreadful and Derby equally incompetent... and then finally McClaren's dreary, uninspired post match summary where our inability to pick up more than 2/9 points at home against three very average sides was repeatedly described and justified as 'that's football'.
That wasn't football last night Steve...that was bollux. The only people to emerge with any credit, Burton fans apart, were the tireless Keogh and to a lesser extent Ince - dreadful corners apart - Hughes and Anya who for some reason you saw fit to take off.
I honestly can't remember feeling more disillusioned about Derby's prospects than I do at the moment. Even the so called young and hungry Max Lowe looked disinterested and lost. There are, I think, another six home matches left this season. They're now totally meaningless and to attend them all would, including other outgoings, cost at least £200. Fortunately I'll be out of the country for many of them but I've got to the point where if many of the players don't appear bothered why should I make an effort? Judging by the huge number of seats that began emptying with ten minutes to go there are plenty of others thinking much the same. Make no mistake, in terms of where we go from here...it's crisis time.