+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 0-3

0-3

I didn't expect that - 0-1 maybe. There was encouragement when Carlisle lost a couple of players through injury in the first half. But even then they still made good chances.

I think we'll end the season stronger than last year. But today was proper brill

At last Kendal Daz and his Gang plus my Eldest and I could walk out of Brunton Park with a smile on our faces. The 1st half kicking against the wind was memorable only for a rasping Baker shot, Evans did he hand ball it (we thought so) and striker Doyle missing a late sitter which I think Scullly would have buried. Carlisle also lost their 2 central defenders to injury which didn't help them for sure. 2nd half we were much much better early on. Baker so nearly scored with a deflected shot which their keeper somehow turned over the bar as he fell backwards, it seemed a Pompey goal must come. Then the moment Carlisle will rue, against the run of play Proctor, who was linked with us before striker Doyle was loaned, headed wide from 6 yards with only Forde to beat. Chaplin and Jack came on and from that well taken Roberts goal from the outside of his foot, we never looked like losing the lead. Lingazi's was a cracker, Jack kept running up the wing where we all were and no one deserved that goal more than he after all his injury problems. Striker Doyle then managed to miss another sitter (with Naismith to his left screaming for the ball). For those who weren't there the support the fans gave was truly remarkable. All our players said thanks after the final whistle with a prolonged ovation in front of the Blue Army and they were right to do so. Day out planned tomorrow in Cumbria before the return trip home Monday in time for Tuesday. P.U.P.
    Last edited by lovedeanblue; 25-02-2017 at 09:27 PM.

I can't make head or tail of this season. Are we going to stumble over the line into 3rd place or just about do it via the play offs? Or maybe blow it at the last.

Doyle came in and I thought he'd be the answer to playing one up front but he's missed some v v v good chances. But then Whatmough scored today.

Can the team have some belief and passion for the rest of the season please. Today should show that you shouldn't give up or settle for mediocrity. Just go for it.

Can't fault the commitment in anyway yesterday but I agree with what you say. If the players can put in the same shift as they did yesterday I would say we have a marvellous chance of 3rd place. Smith went close for Northampton yesterday but he still hasn't scored. I would say we are better off now up front but Doyle needs to put a chance or two away. Far too often we have been let down with poor home performances after a great away win. A 20 man squad flew up here and back (Newcastle airport) so there shouldn't be any excuses Tuesday evening of being tired. P.U.P

Agree LD. There's a more positive vibe around now, ever since E Doyle came in. Even if he doesn't score he offers more than Smith.

PUP - can't wait for Tuesday.

From what I can gather the coach taking them to the airport broke down. They travelled down to Euston by train where another coach was waiting to take them home

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)