+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A little perspective.

A little perspective.

Yes, Chalmers is no where near good enough, bordering on complete sh1te, but it is not his fault that McGhee continually picks him to start.

Jules was hung out to dry through McGhee slotting him straight into first team football. That is not why he came here on loan and I fear his loan spell will do his development more harm than good. Reading should haul him back before it's too late.

Yes, Heneghan has been poor, but he's playing with no support and that is McGhees fault.

Samson is sh1te, which he cannot help, and we still don't have a goalie coach, but he doesn't pick himself to play each week; Mcghee does.

Who actually was the captain today?? There was no visible leadership and again that lies with bad man management.

We have no defensive back-up, other than development squad players, and this problem is solely on McGhee.

I actually feel sorry for some of these players as they're getting it in the neck for McGhee's failures. Ultimately, they can only play to the best of their abilities and if they're not good enough then it's not their fault that they're selected.

The bottom line is McGhee is culpable and those who employed McGhee are even more culpable. The club has set itself up for this failure over a long period and we've all seen it coming.

Without change, we are going to be relegated.

ps. Carl McHugh and Louis Moult. They tried.
    Last edited by jbwellfan; 25-02-2017 at 09:35 PM.

I've said all along that McGhee's appointment in late 2015 was a desperate and shocking move by the club and was done very much due to McGhee having personal friendships in the boardroom more than anything else. After the manner in which he had conducted himself during his previous spell here, this was a man who should have been nowhere near the job, but it was sadly an appointment in keeping with our 'jobs for the boys' recruitment policy. Well it's that 'policy' that is going to be the death of our club as we have zero vision or ambition for the future and it's no wonder attendances have plummeted new depths over the last year, as having such a devisive, egotistical individual who treats the club with contemplating in charge was never the way to keep the fans onside.

The players must take some responsibility for yesterday's defeat. Too many just gave up when we need a bit of fight, a bit of aggression. However Mark McGhee must carry the can. He signed quite a few of the players and picks the team and sets the tactics. To leave us so short in central defensive cover is bad management. I can just about thole an isolated 7-2 hammering at Pittodrie although that was hard, but a 5-1 home defeat to Dundee? No.

I agree that the 'jobs for the boys' attitude is rife within our club and needs to stop. In it's short sightedness, it is the antithesis of what the Well Society is trying to achieve for the future. I also agree that McGhee should never have been given the job. He needs to go and the board need to sort themselves out, immediately. Wipe the slate clean and go again.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)