+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prospective "Ernies"?

Prospective "Ernies"?

"Stay up or end up a milkman" says Dave. Thoughts?

Yeah, loads!

Our old problem once again comes back to bite us. Far too many of our players appear to feel that it is perfectly okay just to go through the motions Doing the minimum is good enough, so why should I put myself out. They seem to attach no importance in winning games. Wheb the opposition start to rough it up t hese same players don`t want to know, they immediately go into hiding from the game.

What really highlights this is the effort Dagnall and Bowery put into each and every game. The difference is plain to see. Unfortunately most of the players who go through the motions are the ones who have come through the academy. How often have we heard it said ¬it is not the winning that counts, it is the taking part and playing fair that is paramount. This is probably what SD was referring to when he said there needed to be changes in the approach to the academy.

No wonder DA has said that what transpired was completely unacceptable

Academy Clowns

[QUOTE=crewebacca;38452206]"Stay up or end up a milkman" says Dave.

It's not been a good week for Academys enough Clowns to fill two Circus but as we know it's not the League position that's important it's The Academy!! Anyone still believe that? Then join the Clowns.

I like the honesty of DA in his post match interviews but all he talks is about is 'silly mistakes' 'individual errors' 'not acceptable' 'players hurting' 'oblivion'. What he never addresses is our absolute lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. We either try and walk it in or blast it from 20 yards out. The best goals we have scored this season are when we get the ball wide and play a decent ball into the box. Going forward we never seem to make the right pass on the final 1/3 or wait too long to pass. I know its easy to see the options available from up in the stand but other teams manage to make the right choice in front of goal. Sorting the defence out is one thing but putting the ball in the back of the net is the object of the game.
    Maybe DA talking about getting £200 a week playing in the Conference might make some of the youngsters wake up a bit. Just because you have made it to the first team doesn't give you the right to make you think you have have made it as a footballer. You have to prove it week in week out to keep that place.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfMainStand View Post
    I like the honesty of DA in his post match interviews but all he talks is about is 'silly mistakes' 'individual errors' 'not acceptable' 'players hurting' 'oblivion'. What he never addresses is our absolute lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. We either try and walk it in or blast it from 20 yards out. The best goals we have scored this season are when we get the ball wide and play a decent ball into the box. Going forward we never seem to make the right pass on the final 1/3 or wait too long to pass. I know its easy to see the options available from up in the stand but other teams manage to make the right choice in front of goal. Sorting the defence out is one thing but putting the ball in the back of the net is the object of the game.
    Maybe DA talking about getting £200 a week playing in the Conference might make some of the youngsters wake up a bit. Just because you have made it to the first team doesn't give you the right to make you think you have have made it as a footballer. You have to prove it week in week out to keep that place.
    Don't worry saying that some might be milkmen is a in direct way of the supporters getting their heads around going part time

I seem to remember that our best ever milkman was Ernie Tagg - got us promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfMainStand View Post
    I think you've nailed our problem, MoMS - since L Murphy was sold we have not developed a player who can both see a pass and play the pass consistently. Yes, Chuks and Ness have been loaned to us and shown how it is done but, just as you cant expect the defence to keep clean sheets every week (OK, once in a blue moon would help), so you cant expect the strikers to score with little or no service. I had thought that there was some hope after witnessing the Grimsby (and Cheltenham) games that we had put that right but now I'm not so sure.