+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not looking good for the Buddies

Not looking good for the Buddies

Raith Rovers 2 St Mirren 0
    Full time
    Raith now nine points ahead of the Buddies although the Saints do have a game in hand.

Very disappointed. Had they hauled themselves out of relegation it would've been a better recovery than even Barca last night. I'm saddened to see the buddies drop again - which I now think is inevitable. Hopefully they'll bounce back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    Very disappointed. Had they hauled themselves out of relegation it would've been a better recovery than even Barca last night. I'm saddened to see the buddies drop again - which I now think is inevitable. Hopefully they'll bounce back up again.
    I thought you were a Morton supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    I thought you were a Morton supporter?
    I know it's unusual for a Ton supporter but I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Smirren - one of the lads I work with is a buddy. Just thought it could have been a fairytale survival had they made it. Looks like it wasn't to be as they gave themselves too steep a hill to climb now.

I know it's unusual for a Ton supporter but I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Smirren - one of the lads I work with is a buddy. Just thought it could have been a fairytale survival had they made it. Looks like it wasn't to be as they gave themselves too steep a hill to climb now.
    Apparently they were the best team at Celtic Park this season........

St Mirren appear to be a decent cup team yet pish in the league. I think they'll show their true potential in the Fizzy Pop final against the other Fizz club, whoever that is

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Apparently they were the best team at Celtic Park this season........

For about 50 minutes they looked like the best Scottish team there this season - outside of Celtic. Clyde SSB said the other night they were one of only 5 teams to be leading at half-time at Celtic Park in nearly 2 years (at least that's what I thought they said)! The others were European opponents. Kinda puts in context how well Smirren had played that first half. They were looking quite comfortable at 1-0. Though I suppose it is a testament to Rodger's management that they completely overturned things in the second half. Apparently that's the third time they've gone in 1-0 at half time domestically this season and in each case they went on and won the game 4-1!!!!
    Whatever about the likes of Warburton replacing like for like it looked like Rodgers completely changed things in the second half against Smirren and they kicked on a new gear.

For about 50 minutes they looked like the best Scottish team there this season - outside of Celtic. Clyde SSB said the other night they were one of only 5 teams to be leading at half-time at Celtic Park in nearly 2 years (at least that's what I thought they said)! The others were European opponents. Kinda puts in context how well Smirren had played that first half. They were looking quite comfortable at 1-0. Though I suppose it is a testament to Rodger's management that they completely overturned things in the second half. Apparently that's the third time they've gone in 1-0 at half time domestically this season and in each case they went on and won the game 4-1!!!!
    Whatever about the likes of Warburton replacing like for like it looked like Rodgers completely changed things in the second half against Smirren and they kicked on a new gear.
    Close - third time gone in at half time behind, then come out and scored four goals - 2-1 down against St Johnstone, won 5-2, 2-0 down against Motherwell, won 4-3, and 1-0 down against Caley and won 4-1.
    I have a belief, backed up by events on the park, that this is possible more often than not. That, regardless of what has happened, the game can be won. BR makes changes if plan A does not bring results.
    Celtic are not unbeatable - 11 v 11 and all that... but they are currently better in every department than every other team in their division - most goals scored both home and away, least goals conceded, again, both home and away, most clean sheets (Craig Gordon has a 70% clean sheet record so far this year...) For every goal conceded at home, Celtic have scored 9. For every goal conceded away, Celtic have scored 3.
    These kinds of statistics only help to reinforce the belief that we can win any game, regardless of whether we go behind or not, and I am sure it is not just me who holds that belief.
    Rangers might win on Sunday, or they might get a doing. In the current climate a victory won't even give them bragging rights, although it might paper over a few cracks.
    I am looking forward to Europe next time out to see what we can do there. It was difficult to judge BR last time out given the limited amount of time he had in the job, but hopefully we will make a better fist of it this time round.
    The future's bright...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)