+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crewe Alexandra FC-Newport County AFC 11/04/2017

This is not a game I am looking forward to, its a game we should win, but Crewe have never been good with these types of games. Our results against the lower half of league 2 are not good, in particular Hartlepool and Cheltenham and although neither of these teams beat us at home this is a massive banana skin as has already been mentioned. We could win this game 3-0 but we could also lose this game 3-0, its very important we score first. It wont be a game to savour with flowing football its an important 3 points but we will have to grind out a result against a team battling for there lives. They are not a good team there league position shows that but these games are difficult and I would be disappointed with a draw but a draw in this game would not be the end of the world, but losing would be a huge blow.

Crewe 2 Newport 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    This is not a game I am looking forward to, its a game we should win, but Crewe have never been good with these types of games. Our results against the lower half of league 2 are not good, in particular Hartlepool and Cheltenham and although neither of these teams beat us at home this is a massive banana skin as has already been mentioned. We could win this game 3-0 but we could also lose this game 3-0, its very important we score first. It wont be a game to savour with flowing football its an important 3 points but we will have to grind out a result against a team battling for there lives. They are not a good team there league position shows that but these games are difficult and I would be disappointed with a draw but a draw in this game would not be the end of the world, but losing would be a huge blow.
    Well not a great surprise against a team rooted to the bottom of the table. We just cannot cut it with these sides in the lower reaches of the table but switch on against sides nearer the top. The side seem totally unable to get into top gear against these sides. Of course to concede a goal in the dying minutes of the game runs true to form.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12