+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He's got to Go

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    So you would have been more impressed by McClaren if he had chinned Hughton?

These performances have been seen with McClaren, Clement, Pearson and Wassall, with the players meekly giving up. I know who I blame.
    I don't recall many gutless performances under Clement, yes a lot of the time it wasn't inspiring to watch, but the team did not look clueless and was solid, sacking a manager that got you to 5th in the league because he wasn't playing the "Derby way" has ended in this farce! A sensible owner (sorry Mel but either you or your advisors are clearly clue less when it comes to football) would ahve stuck with the guy until the end of the season and taken stock - or perhaps it was for other reasons Clement was sacked, such as he didn't like the owner interfering in football matters?

Anag you are right, Wassall's reign is looking better these days, though he inherited Clements team and the odd calamity occurred under his tenure.

Since then basically its been piss poor with millions pissed away.

Is it the players, in some part, but players can only do what they are told by coaches, it seems to me that the club's management structure is fundamentally wrong.

Now is the time for the owner to take a step back, get advice from people who know football and review the manager arrangements - if Mac is still here after the end of the season then I won't be watching Derby, because at the moment I can see no plan beyond throw wads of cash at it..its criminal because we should be in the top 6, but hey ho maybe get Wagner from Huddersfield? We can surely afford better wages for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    He's great.
    He's your version of Billy Davies to us. Marvellous
    For once I agree with you.

Tbf Swale there were times when they looked completely clueless under Clement. Fulham at home when we actually went top and managed one shot on target despite winning 2-1, Middlesbrough away a few days later and the 0-3 home drubbing by Rowett's Birmingham City were as bad as anything I've seen.
    I'm mystified by what's happening. Think, a bit like Derby's long suffering fans, we've turned into a 'sing when we're winning' side. Manager and players alike are fine when everything is going well but go into clueless hiding when the going gets tough. I'm with you, I won't be parting with any more time and money at Pride Park until things change. Kept flicking over to the rugby last night and the difference in effort and commitment was staggering. Wagner would be nice, Rowett too but there's so much now to sort out and I'm not sure where to start. Leadership, effort and commitment are all in shockingly short supply, both on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Who do we bring in to replace him ?

This was from a Leicester fan "I don't even judge a manager that's been at Derby"..

He's right .. Pearson will end up at Norwich or somewhere else and do well, Clough has done great at Burton, Clement is gonna keep Swansea up.

We need to face facts, we've become a laughing stock.
    We became a laughing stock when,Sam Rush came in,and signed Whitbread.Can you imagine Derby now without Mels mega millions.This lot make Clauid Davis a good buy. Good idea sack another manager Wonder how the breakfast club are defending this farce. Forgot they have got rid of any critics

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    So you would have been more impressed by McClaren if he had chinned Hughton?

These performances have been seen with McClaren, Clement, Pearson and Wassall, with the players meekly giving up. I know who I blame.
    Agree mate. Mac has his faults, but there's one constant over these past few years and it's not the managers. These players have it all too easy, every time they **** up its the manager that gets the chop, there's no responsibility taken by those wearing the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    We became a laughing stock when,Sam Rush came in,and signed Whitbread.Can you imagine Derby now without Mels mega millions.This lot make Clauid Davis a good buy. Good idea sack another manager Wonder how the breakfast club are defending this farce. Forgot they have got rid of any critics
    No idea how much Sam Rush is to blame, or actually what he does these days...but there were ten months between Rush being appointed and Zak Whitbread being signed, so hardly a case of 'Sam Rush came in and signed Whitbread'. Wasn't he about the last of Clough's signings anyway?

I don't buy this players not trying *******s, if they appear clueless on the pitch then its down to the manager and coaches - yes there were bad patches under Clement but we were 5th and gaining consistency under him and it made no sense to sack him at that stage.

Clements results from Jan / Feb 2016 before sacking...

Lost 0-2 to Middlesbrough
    Won 2-1 Hartlepool (cup)
    Drew 1-1 Reading
    Lost 0-3 Birmingham
    Lost 1-4 Burnley
    Lost 1-3 Man U (cup)
    Drew 0-0 Preston
    Drew 1-1 Fulham

If we weren't playing a lower league team in the cup, then that's no wins in the new year.

I don't blame Clement either, but I don't see any different to what I see this year. Only difference is that Clement picked up a couple more wins in September than Pearson could muster, putting us a little higher up last year.

Our team isn't as good as it thinks it is, mentally or skillfully, and our position is an accurate reflection of this squad's ability. We are not, "better than this".

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I don't buy this players not trying *******s, if they appear clueless on the pitch then its down to the manager and coaches - yes there were bad patches under Clement but we were 5th and gaining consistency under him and it made no sense to sack him at that stage.
    Clement was tripe with us; our performances have been very similar for years. We had a period during McClaren's last stint where we played entertaining football but we got found out when team's bullied us.

Its not that good, the 2013-14 team would have smashed them all over Pride Park

Jamie Ward, Simon Dawkins, Andre Wisdom, Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson (the 2014 version), Paddy Bamford, Chris Martin (before he became a bell end), Jake Buxton, even Russell was decent back then... none of them were fancy signings, but they were a lot better than the c*** we have here now.

Jamie Ward over Matej Vydra lol... Vydra playing as a winger sums up our pathetic player recruiting.. Nugent playing in the pivot is a absolute disgrace for the money we've spent.

41212 is the only way with what we've got, it looked ok for patches against Barnsley and Preston, but we have an obsession with a 433 type style and we don't have the right players anymore, and it was found out in 2014-15 anyway, teams realised they only had to press us in our own final 3rd and we hoof it, it was finished a long time ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)