+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mel Morris

Like sacking him.........

Business meetings with clients that sort of thing as well as setting up sponsorship deals and making sure the club is running as it should be, like clearing debts etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Business meetings with clients that sort of thing as well as setting up sponsorship deals and making sure the club is running as it should be, like clearing debts etc. etc. etc.
    Thank God for that, someone ITK has defined Mel's role for him. Hope he reads the forum otherwise he might "of" been sitting there wondering what he should "of" been doing!

New structure set in place by Mel to give Rowett, the chance to restructure the squad and also make youth players play more of a pivotal role. Also Mel has set out a wage class for each individual earner for example: Bent who will be placed in the high earner class and Thorne who will be placed in the mid-earner class. This new structure will give Rowett a clear view of the structure of the team and see who he needs to get rid off and who not too in the summer.http://www.derbycountyblog.com/morri...-under-rowett/

If this is true Justice then I'm looking forward to it.

It was never going to work with the old set up of signing players on a whim, we've ended up with so much c*** on our books its hard to pick a starting 11.. if Mel goes forward with it and implements it I will have the utmost respect for him, give Rowett a proper bloody chance at actually taking the club forward.

I'm loving the loanees and younger players being a main focus, esp the younger players coming being given a proper chance. Get idiots that are only here for a pay packet out the sodding door, and give the younger lads a proper chance.

Nugent being signed in January was another fine bo**ock imo, another big earner with no actual ties to the club and here for a final big pay out before heading into the sun.

There's a lot of s*** to get out the door, and we might have to take losses on most of them, esp Blackman.... who is without doubt the biggest clown of the lot, and we paid 3m for the privilege of watching him fail to hit the barn door 10 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    If this is true Justice then I'm looking forward to it.

It was never going to work with the old set up of signing players on a whim, we've ended up with so much c*** on our books its hard to pick a starting 11.. if Mel goes forward with it and implements it I will have the utmost respect for him, give Rowett a proper bloody chance at actually taking the club forward.

I'm loving the loanees and younger players being a main focus, esp the younger players coming being given a proper chance. Get idiots that are only here for a pay packet out the sodding door, and give the younger lads a proper chance.

Nugent being signed in January was another fine bo**ock imo, another big earner with no actual ties to the club and here for a final big pay out before heading into the sun.

There's a lot of s*** to get out the door, and we might have to take losses on most of them, esp Blackman.... who is without doubt the biggest clown of the lot, and we paid 3m for the privilege of watching him fail to hit the barn door 10 times out of 10.
    If you want to have a look at the signings made by Paul clement when at Derby
    They all seem negative under acheivers,maybe the core of the problem stems from then, because since then we,ve gone from that fast flowing attacking football, to this sideways boring stuff we have today

Weimann - Never cut it hussle bustle, no skill
    Pearce- slow, steady but boring, no pace
    Carson - ok I suppose, but lacks quickness in thought
    Shackell - slow boring ,no pace one footed
    Baird - slow boring - no pace, finished at this level
    Johnson - slows our play no skill or quickness of thought
    Butterfield - really slows our play ,negative player
    Camara - weak, no end product , not going to be a regular ever
    Blackman - enough said conference player
    Olsen - can't defend ,over rated weak player

Have i missed any ,

Disagree partly on Baird, he has been the most improved player this season and he has been the most standout player then most of these underperforming players this season. Last season he had hardly had any game time, due to his poor work ethic and the manager decided he wasn't good enough to be in the starting 11. This season he has really put the effort in and I have been impressed, with how far he has progressed from the season before. His Premier League experience is starting to show and why we brought him from WBA in the first place. Weimann is the same as Baird, he hardly had any game time and showed good work ethic in the play-offs against Hull before he picked up a naggering injury, due too not having enough play time. I was surprised Steve let him out on loan and so far he has been impressive for Wolves and they highly rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Disagree partly on Baird, he has been the most improved player this season and he has been the most standout player then most of these underperforming players this season. Last season he had hardly had any game time, due to his poor work ethic and the manager decided he wasn't good enough to be in the starting 11. This season he has really put the effort in and I have been impressed, with how far he has progressed from the season before. His Premier League experience is starting to show and why we brought him from WBA in the first place. Weimann is the same as Baird, he hardly had any game time and showed good work ethic in the play-offs against Hull before he picked up a naggering injury, due too not having enough play time. I was surprised Steve let him out on loan and so far he has been impressive for Wolves and they highly rate him.
    Baird - Wisdom sorry chalk and cheese ,A wisdom player will give you strength, pace, power an ability to get forward and back
    Your acceptance of Baird says it all about people's straw clutching of talent .Fulham saw he stifled their play that's why he didn't get a game there, steady but nothing more, won't progress the team to promotion
    As for Weimann one good game, waste of money

Talking of the long term process and not just this season. Has Baird and Weimann shown enough to stay on for our plans towards promotion? The answer is..... No but it's down to Rowett, to decide who goes and who stays in the team and to see who he has in his plans going forward, as he see's how the players perform during the end of the seasons climax.

Wisdom had everything to be a potential natural leader and was strong in the air and was a shame we couldn't manage to keep hold of him, due to us unable to achieve promotion in the play-off final. But that was the price we had to pay for not crossing over the line.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)