+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mel Morris

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I would agree with that.

The third centre back in effect would balance the lack of GT and provides the cover that we have struggled to get from the various players we have tried in the GT slot. If we had the full squad available then Forsyth could fulfill the 3rd at the back role as he has a bit more pace: but there is no point playing another slow player like Shackell in there as the defence as a whole would still have to play too deep and just get in each others way. We need a quick "libero" type player to allow our CB's to sit higher up the field.

Then the creatives in midfield can pull the strings closer to the point of attack and, with two wing backs in the 5 in the middle we can get width for Vydra/Ince or whoever the two attacking players are
    Will you be my number 2 ,if Rowett gets the sack

I would agree with that.

The third centre back in effect would balance the lack of GT and provides the cover that we have struggled to get from the various players we have tried in the GT slot. If we had the full squad available then Forsyth could fulfill the 3rd at the back role as he has a bit more pace: but there is no point playing another slow player like Shackell in there as the defence as a whole would still have to play too deep and just get in each others way. We need a quick "libero" type player to allow our CB's to sit higher up the field.

Then the creatives in midfield can pull the strings closer to the point of attack and, with two wing backs in the 5 in the middle we can get width for Vydra/Ince or whoever the two attacking players are
    A quick 'libero' type player who is also captain material would be perfect then...any ideas?

P.S. Rog...you need to do some deleting on your private message folder.

editted with extreme prejudice! Odd though, only 25 messages in there. Perhaps TMDSR4J has been sending me links in it!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Will you be my number 2 ,if Rowett gets the sack
    OK, I will free up a few months next September when he gets the bullet: we will only be there till about march, right?

Carson
    Keogh Forsyth Pearce
    Christie Johnson Hughes Bryson Anya
    Ince Vydra

with current squad, assuming GT is history

"A quick 'libero' type player who is also captain material would be perfect then...any ideas?"

I will say what I said 12m ago - John Terry, although I'm not sure he would be quick enough!

editted with extreme prejudice! Odd though, only 25 messages in there. Perhaps TMDSR4J has been sending me links in it!!
    Only allowed 25 in and 25 out apparently. Had to clear mine too.
    Can't stand Terry but, in a leaderless world, have to admit he's one of the few that compares with the likes of Bremner, Yeats, Keane, McFarland, Book, Mackay etc.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-03-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Weimann scored against Fulham. The lad keeps on impressing on loan at Wolves, they really do highly rate him at Wolves and he is showing why that is with his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles View Post
    But the man's an egotistical tool.

At least with the yanks we were slowly improving and living roughly within our means. We've spazzed millions in the last 3 years with no cohesive plan and no end product. We used to sign hungry young players, now we sign mercenaries.

But, Mel's what our cretinous fans want. So on we go. Keep chuckin cash at it. It might work one year and we'll go up..... Then down and bust. Hooray!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)