+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mel Morris

Mel Morris

Nice to know what goes on behind closed doors

Hire him again then Mel, give him a 4 year contract and then sack him after 2 months and pay him, and then do it all over again

I'm sure Mac finds it funny as well with all the money you've had to give him through severance payments

He's got more money than sense ffs

Paddy Power - "Derby County are close to announcing the sacking of Gary Rowett".

You you've made it into the circus show when Paddy Power are taking the p*** out of yas lol

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Paddy Power - "Derby County are close to announcing the sacking of Gary Rowett".

You you've made it into the circus show when Paddy Power are taking the p*** out of yas lol
    Zzz Zzz are they really!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Hire him again then Mel, give him a 4 year contract and then sack him after 2 months and pay him, and then do it all over again

I'm sure Mac finds it funny as well with all the money you've had to give him through severance payments

He's got more money than sense ffs

Just tell me who do you want as owners Sisu?

Mel just can't win with you can he ,promotion or nothing
    Well I can tell you it's b***dy hard, choose what team you are.

We should be grateful he has the money to act ,if Pearson was left in charge we could of been adrift by now
    The right decision was made and MaClaren's unbeaten run has saved us , but its clear after the new year it wasn't going to work long term

The expectation at Derby County is hard for any owner the success goal is small ,compared with other clubs
    Take Burton Albion Their chairman would be lorded even if they went down, any position above the bottom three he would be a hero, forth bottom for Derby County would be a disaster

Promotion for Mel is the only option in your eyes or its failure

Well there are at least 15 clubs in the championship thinking that they can go up & what with the parachute money ,we should be grateful we have an owner trying to match the others .

The last owners dropped our expectation to top ten is success, because they wouldn't back the manager fully.
    Just because Mel Morris has money its now promotion or nothing

Well I am just grateful we have a owner trying to back us.
    We will get it right. I'm sure just relax a bit , unless you have millions to make a bid to buy Mel out!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Just tell me who do you want as owners Sisu?

Mel just can't win with you can he ,promotion or nothing
    Well I can tell you it's b***dy hard, choose what team you are.

We should be grateful he has the money to act ,if Pearson was left in charge we could of been adrift by now
    The right decision was made and MaClaren's unbeaten run has saved us , but its clear after the new year it wasn't going to work long term

The expectation at Derby County is hard for any owner the success goal is small ,compared with other clubs
    Take Burton Albion Their chairman would be lorded even if they went down, any position above the bottom three he would be a hero, forth bottom for Derby County would be a disaster

Promotion for Mel is the only option in your eyes or its failure

Well there are at least 15 clubs in the championship thinking that they can go up & what with the parachute money ,we should be grateful we have an owner trying to match the others .

The last owners dropped our expectation to top ten is success, because they wouldn't back the manager fully.
    Just because Mel Morris has money its now promotion or nothing

Well I am just grateful we have a owner trying to back us.
    We will get it right. I'm sure just relax a bit , unless you have millions to make a bid to buy Mel out!!
    But the man's an egotistical tool.

At least with the yanks we were slowly improving and living roughly within our means. We've spazzed millions in the last 3 years with no cohesive plan and no end product. We used to sign hungry young players, now we sign mercenaries.

But, Mel's what our cretinous fans want. So on we go. Keep chuckin cash at it. It might work one year and we'll go up..... Then down and bust. Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles View Post
    But the man's an egotistical tool.

At least with the yanks we were slowly improving and living roughly within our means. We've spazzed millions in the last 3 years with no cohesive plan and no end product. We used to sign hungry young players, now we sign mercenaries.

But, Mel's what our cretinous fans want. So on we go. Keep chuckin cash at it. It might work one year and we'll go up..... Then down and bust. Hooray!
    Why is he an 'egotistical tool'? He doesn't seem to desire or demand a particularly high profile. One obvious example apart there's no evidence of him wanting to interfere on a daily basis. If that was the case why has he spent so much money on trying to get the right manager? He's probably spending millions as we speak on the severance pay of McClaren, Clement and Pearson and Co. Criticise him all you want for making poor appointments, there's ample evidence of that. Criticise those around him for providing poor advice...ample evidence of that too, but an 'egotistical tool' and 'cretinous fans'...unfair on both counts imo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)