+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Census of Posters

Census of Posters

OK lets see who still reads this Forum and why they dont post anymore. That way we might be able to ascertain whether those silent ones could return to liven up the forum.

All the good posters got banned for not towing the line and not being politically correct! Now we are on our way out of Europe they might start to come back making Britain and this board great again!

OK lets see who still reads this Forum and why they dont post anymore. That way we might be able to ascertain whether those silent ones could return to liven up the forum.

I regularly read the forum and post now and again.
    I found that there are too many arguments between regulars and the disagreements can go on and on and on.
    Interesting posts are rare now days and twitter seems to have better debates.

I will continue to read an abridged version of the site with a couple of high volume posters on ignore and will enter any intelligent debate, but am now bored with admonishing the children.

Lets consider our current top 6 posts which may point to whats amiss. 2 heavily subscribed political threads, 2 debates about thr board itself, one about Forest and one about rams football killed dead in its tracks by a comment about our manager's defecatory practices and alleged lack of hygiene.

Is it any wonder people are staying away?

But surely the 'heavily subscribed' political threads are, by virtue of being 'heavily subscribed', a good thing Rog. People don't have to contribute.
    Agree entirely about the rest.
    Ironically, in the circumstances, and I think they were cases of serious over reaction...I think Swale chased at least two away and some got 'lost' with last summer's changes.

I still read occasionally but far less than I did. Was fun for a while and some really good banter from time to time. some posters were controversial but usually had some substance to back up their argument. Now it just seems to be a volley of personal abuse at each other and some of the stuff I've read makes me cringe.

I know its a forum and that forums are all about opinions but some of the inane drivel I was seeing forced me away.

Doesn't stop me loving or supporting my hometown club.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    But surely the 'heavily subscribed' political threads are, by virtue of being 'heavily subscribed', a good thing Rog. People don't have to contribute.
    Agree entirely about the rest.
    Ironically, in the circumstances, and I think they were cases of serious over reaction...I think Swale chased at least two away and some got 'lost' with last summer's changes.
    I am not saying they are not good things as at least there is some debate there although not necessarily football by nature. These two topics are I suspect heavily subscribed by maybe 6 or 8 posters and constitute a safe haven for the adults on the board! However, for example, Angry cited them as one of the reasons why he jumped ship to the board that shall not be named for fear of global banning.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I am not saying they are not good things as at least there is some debate there although not necessarily football by nature. These two topics are I suspect heavily subscribed by maybe 6 or 8 posters and constitute a safe haven for the adults on the board! However, for example, Angry cited them as one of the reasons why he jumped ship to the board that shall not be named for fear of global banning.
    Okay...didn't know that about Angry. Personally I don't understand why people can't just ignore threads that don't appeal to them and the only thing likely to drive me away is when the forum becomes dominated by childish and vaguely obscene comments, but each to their own. Grown up disagreement and banter is, for me, a good thing and I think there's been some decent debates...love to see Ella, Angry, VdLH, Manx, Ramfantastic and Co. return though.
    Guess it's all MoP's fault then...he started the 2000+ 'Brexit' thread...
    P.S....and what's happened to Triz...miss him too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 31-03-2017 at 02:10 PM.

ManxRam is spot on with his comments, which sums up how this forum has been running as of late.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)