+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket kicks off again...

Cricket kicks off again...

...at Leicester yesterday. Apart from James Pattinson, no changes in the side. The Leicester tail seemed to wag a bit.

Despite a few early scares, a satisfactory result which makes us joint top of the table. Good debut by James Pattinson.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Despite a few early scares, a satisfactory result which makes us joint top of the table. Good debut by James Pattinson.
    Afraid I can't watch county cricket let alone test and odis.
    I blame the Indians for it.
    I watch all sorts of sports although I don't fancy cricket but things like finals, The Ashes and various World Cups are quite interesting
    However with India basically running cricket, it's all pay per view now.
    They dictate the terms now.
    I think the Aussies hv about 15% say while England about 5-10%. What India wants India gets because they hold the purse strings from tv and advertising revenue and of course the IPL.

So cricket us now just a read only sports for me.

Btw I think you can post this on main. This sub forum should be shuttered. You can ask TTR to contact the editor to close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Afraid I can't watch county cricket let alone test and odis.
    I blame the Indians for it.
    I watch all sorts of sports although I don't fancy cricket but things like finals, The Ashes and various World Cups are quite interesting
    However with India basically running cricket, it's all pay per view now.
    They dictate the terms now.
    I think the Aussies hv about 15% say while England about 5-10%. What India wants India gets because they hold the purse strings from tv and advertising revenue and of course the IPL.

So cricket us now just a read only sports for me.

Btw I think you can post this on main. This sub forum should be shuttered. You can ask TTR to contact the editor to close it.
    Where is Tricky by the way. He hasn't posted for a few days which is most unusual, and hasn't responded to my topic on NCM which is even more unusual. I've renewed my Trent Bridge season ticket and I'm raring to go. Twenty Twenty cricket is more exciting than football. Some football games you know who is going to win after thirty minutes. In Twenty Twenty you often don't know until the last over or even the last ball. Also you are allowed to take your beer to your seat.