+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red squirrel hunting in the IOW

Shedloads up in Cumbria. Tripping over the little buggers. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Well catch some and send them down to Formby..Meh

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    chalky,I'm going to to have to do some grovelling now,I went to Formby last week expecting to see a ton of red squirrels,but didn't see one ,apparently nobody else did either ... There has been a disease that has killed a load off,so I would advise you not to go until the population has got back up.. Sad news for the red squirrels ..
    Thanks for letting me know that Alf,as I mentioned on here I was going to go to Formby in the next week or so but if I've not got chance of seeing one I won't bother,I wonder if its affected the whole country's red squirrel population as I still haven't seen one and I've genuinely been out looking for them

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know that Alf,as I mentioned on here I was going to go to Formby in the next week or so but if I've not got chance of seeing one I won't bother,I wonder if its affected the whole country's red squirrel population as I still haven't seen one and I've genuinely been out looking for them
    no problem mate..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well catch some and send them down to Formby..Meh
    They of attitude around these parts. They beat folk up and drive too fast. All youse see around the back lanes in the Lake District are signs saying DANGER RED SQUIRRELS and SLOW DOWN RED SQUIRRELS and CAREFUL LAMBS ONT ROWD, though the last one might just be an mad farmer ofing an laugh.

On the way to the ferry on the IOW there are proper council laid signs saying Beware,Red squirrels crossing,I swear that they erected them to have a final laugh at the mainlanders as they drive home disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I never saw one when I visited there but then again I didn't see Brunton Park either and I was looking out for that as well

And I thought I was the one with a cataract.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    On the way to the ferry on the IOW there are proper council laid signs saying Beware,Red squirrels crossing,I swear that they erected them to have a final laugh at the mainlanders as they drive home disappointed
    Six years ago and still never seen one,I think that it was at this point that I began to smell a rat about the existence of red squirrels,I remember this break as though it was yesterday and if I knew what I know now and would changed the direction in my life at this point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)