+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Mate of mine had Dawntreaders Hawaii beach shorts. Anyone got any worse music memorabilia than that?
    Wow, that's quite something!!!! Racking my brains and just can't come up with anything to beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Mate of mine had Dawntreaders Hawaii beach shorts. Anyone got any worse music memorabilia than that?
    Slayer Christmas jumpers. In keeping with the Christian spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    I got back home(ish) on Friday just in time to catch The Lorelei in Stonehaven. Now that was a plaasant surprise and took me back a few years. Not seen them since early to mid 90s.

Their gigs were always a riot, and whilst the line-up has changed there is still a fair amount of energy in there from a bunch of 'old' dudes.

Thought the bloke from the Dawntreaders did a decent job at the front, and was surprised to see the bass player from The Mighty Humans in there too. Bit weird seeing them as an amalgamation of Aberdeen bands I used to go and see, but I guess things change. Where are the others now......and the lassie on violin?

Wisnae the same as days gone by, but some familiar tunes that took me back, and still fairly got my feet tapping (but not quite up dancing)
    How were The Broken Creels as support? I’m pals with Colin the front man, and Tom the guitarist. In fact I briefly played in a band with the latter 10 years ago, and Colin’s ‘Stonehaven Radio Station and Me’, heavily featuring his experiences as a Red in the 80s, was a regular on the Pittodrie gramophone before the jandies intervened.

https://youtu.be/w-aNrHb8UiA

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    How were The Broken Creels as support? I’m pals with Colin the front man, and Tom the guitarist. In fact I briefly played in a band with the latter 10 years ago, and Colin’s ‘Stonehaven Radio Station and Me’, heavily featuring his experiences as a Red in the 80s, was a regular on the Pittodrie gramophone before the jandies intervened.

https://youtu.be/w-aNrHb8UiA
    I missed them unfortunately, had in-laws social duties to do so we were late out.

I got back home(ish) on Friday just in time to catch The Lorelei in Stonehaven. Now that was a plaasant surprise and took me back a few years. Not seen them since early to mid 90s.

Their gigs were always a riot, and whilst the line-up has changed there is still a fair amount of energy in there from a bunch of 'old' dudes.

Thought the bloke from the Dawntreaders did a decent job at the front, and was surprised to see the bass player from The Mighty Humans in there too. Bit weird seeing them as an amalgamation of Aberdeen bands I used to go and see, but I guess things change. Where are the others now......and the lassie on violin?

Wisnae the same as days gone by, but some familiar tunes that took me back, and still fairly got my feet tapping (but not quite up dancing)
    Furryboots in Stoney were they playing?

Toon Hall, I think. Great stage.

EDIT: DUUUUUUUUK min.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Toon Hall, I think. Great stage.

EDIT: DUUUUUUUUK min.
    Yeah, toon Hall. Huge stage, but well high up, kinda punters head height(ish)

Yaaaas Duk. Should have stayed up the road!!!

Yeah, toon Hall. Huge stage, but well high up, kinda punters head height(ish)
    It gives a great sound as the balcony’s like a natural echo chamber when it’s empty and the height of the stage means that the PA’s firing straight up there. Inverurie Town Hall’s similarly structured but the sound is nothing as good as Stoney. Locos are horrible entitled ****s too.

PS I ****ing despise every ****ing atom of every hun ****.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061