+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Close season holiday reports..?

Glad you're having a nice time Outwood. Me and Mrs Warminster off to Malta early October. Just the two of us for once. Not sure where to stay on the island yet.

In the mix 2
    Seems little mix like their football with Perrie and Oxlade C on a boat too!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-chamberlain/

New York behind us now and we are heading up the I-95 with an ultimate destination of Boston. We have stopped off en route for a two night stay in Mystic Connecticut. Tomorrow we will have a full day exploring the Mystic Seaport. My crystal ball says we are unlikely to locate Mystic Meg but there is plenty to do from visiting the maritime museum to sailing on the Mystic River. I may well sample some of the local wine.

Outwood lovely area
    Did you look at New London and Groton on the way. Groton is the US submarine capital and has a museum there with USS Nautilus on display.
    New London was one of the earliest settlements and is still home of the US Coast guard with Fort Turnbull and a rich history in the war of independence and summer home of writer Eugene ONeill. It had lots of money from whaling ao is a pretty town and you will see Tiffany glass in some church windows there.
    Our cruise ship diverted to there and was the biggest ship ever to visit at that time 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Outwood lovely area
    Did you look at New London and Groton on the way. Groton is the US submarine capital and has a museum there with USS Nautilus on display.
    New London was one of the earliest settlements and is still home of the US Coast guard with Fort Turnbull and a rich history in the war of independence and summer home of writer Eugene ONeill. It had lots of money from whaling ao is a pretty town and you will see Tiffany glass in some church windows there.
    Our cruise ship diverted to there and was the biggest ship ever to visit at that time 10 years ago.
    Hi oldcolner. We were going to stop off in New London but were a little late starting out yesterday and the traffic over the bridges that take you off Long Island was very heavy. I'd have loved to go around the submarine museum and the Nautilus while Mrs Outwood was hoping for a ride on a steamboat a little further back on the coast at Es***. The scenery here is glorious and we are looking forward to getting out and about exploring as soon as we have finished breakfast at our hotel.

Keep your progress reports coming Outwood, its fascinating and I have a smile on my face knowing you are enjoying it

Thunderstorms were threatened here yesterday but the clouds held off and we had a harbour cruise in Mystic. Not quite the steamboat Mrs Outwood was hankering after but we got to see some of the old wooden ships that are preserved here along with a visiting replica Viking Longboat. Very appropriate as the Vikings were probably the first Europeans to sail to North America. The replica Mayflower was in Mystic last year undergoing renovations that will enable her to take part in the 400th Anniversary of the Pilgrim Fathers arriving from Plymouth. Our captain for the afternoon let on that Albert Einstein used to sail his own boat in the local waters but was apparently a terrible sailor and would run aground on the many sandbanks here. Off to Boston later on today.

A lovely couple of days just outside Boston and outside wi-fi range so this is catch up. We visited Lexington & Concord where the first two battles in the American Revolution took place. Touched to see the well tended grave of British soldiers killed at Concord and the battle green at Lexington which has been faithfully preserved to keep it looking just as it did in April 1775. Yesterday we caught the subway into central Boston and had a walk on Boston Common. We decided we wanted to do the city tour by land and water on a Duck but got to the ticket office too late. I suspect Mrs Outwood will be asking for a return visit to Massachusetts as she has now missed out on a steamboat ride and Duckboat tour. This weekend we are out in the country with friends and then on Monday we return to New York. Looking forward to spending July 4th in the Big Apple.

Wish I was with you Outwood

Not a holiday .but burnley are world wide .I'm working with a guy from montreal who is a claret .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)