+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough talking, Robbo

Tough talking, Robbo

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/spo...ness-1-4452109

Interesting quotes...fair enough if the players were going completely ott but a bit of a cheer at the end of the season - particularly when we've just clinched survival or players may be saying farewell - is hardly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/spo...ness-1-4452109

Interesting quotes...fair enough if the players were going completely ott but a bit of a cheer at the end of the season - particularly when we've just clinched survival or players may be saying farewell - is hardly unusual.
    Hes quite bloody right the players should have quietly left the field suitably embarrassed by their completely honking efforts all season. We have too many in our fan base and within the club where utter sh1te is acceptable cos "we arent Barcelona"... more attitudes like Robinsons are very welcome.

Not having been there it's hard to comment but if the players had left the field without thanking the fans who made a four hour journey to watch a friendly they would have been absolutely crucified. Will be curious to see reports from those who saw what happened, you wonder if Robbo is picking a fight to help ease the get-tae-buggery conversations coming up next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Not having been there it's hard to comment but if the players had left the field without thanking the fans who made a four hour journey to watch a friendly they would have been absolutely crucified. Will be curious to see reports from those who saw what happened, you wonder if Robbo is picking a fight to help ease the get-tae-buggery conversations coming up next week...
    Sorry but if a thank you from a shower of dross makes fans day and upsets them if they dont get it they seriously need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex View Post
    Sorry but if a thank you from a shower of dross makes fans day and upsets them if they dont get it they seriously need to get out more.
    Maybe so but such is life. They're definitely in a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario which is what makes Robinson's reaction - unless they really were milking it - so surprising.

I do hope he thought through what he was saying though because such an approach is not without risk.

I'm in agreement with Robinson's comments. If things are going to change next season we need to change our attitude and some personnel. I wonder who the senior player was?

The players were not "celebrating"...they acknowledged the travelling fans for the great backing throughout the game. Faddy applauded and walked along the goal line then Lasley followed thouging his training top into the crowd. Griffiths handed over something (gloves?).

I didn't hear the precise words used in questioning Robinson but he was definitely annoyed at the idea of a celebration following a defeat and he suggested that attitude might have played a part in our poor season.

100% need to clear out the old guard at the club and move on.I hope for one we don't sign Skippy and Pearson mid season stuff like that if we are struggling for me starting together on my nips a wee bit if that's that's answer to the problems.

My thing is I don't trust Robinson one bit as a manager my major fear is board really have no idea what they are doing and would happily let this guy be rank rotten til far too late in the day.

Poor season very poor can't think of anything happy at all took us too last week to win back to back games says it all utter mince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMGr0mZrK0

Slightly different quotes to the presser obviously but here the implication is Bowman...

Reasonable interview though, said he'd be looking to move on some of the guys even still under contract - good luck with that but at least the intention is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Half_Can_Dan View Post
    My thing is I don't trust Robinson one bit as a manager my major fear is board really have no idea what they are doing and would happily let this guy be rank rotten til far too late in the day.
    In fairness the board had McGhee straight out the door after Dundee which was more than virtually everyone thought they would do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)