+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Just heard that a friend of a friend high up at Pittodrie has said that Hayes wants to play in England. Take that any way you want but that friends friend is at a high high level.......

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Just heard that a friend of a friend high up at Pittodrie has said that Hayes wants to play in England. Take that any way you want but that friends friend is at a high high level.......
    Rules out Cardiff then? ��

Not totally necessary sonofrgmsdad, ken?

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Not totally necessary sonofrgmsdad, ken?
    I don't understand. Cardiff being capital of Wales means playing most games an Wales rather than England? What's unnecessary? A wee joke re the UK brings some offence?

Don't tell Celtic or the team pretending to be Rangers they wil think they can play in any country they want or at least any country who will have them.
    Sadly for them but even more sadly for the sane Scottish fitba fan the only country daft enough to embrace them is us thus ruining our game for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I don't understand. Cardiff being capital of Wales means playing most games an Wales rather than England? What's unnecessary? A wee joke re the UK brings some offence?

I'm not offended at all.

maybe get 1.5M for Hayes to England, and buy Christie for 500k?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedRichard View Post
    maybe get 1.5M for Hayes to England, and buy Christie for 500k?
    I don't think that the buying him bit is that big a problem, it'll be the 8k a week that he's on posing more of an issue....

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I don't think that the buying him bit is that big a problem, it'll be the 8k a week that he's on posing more of an issue....
    I think its been asked before whats our Top Wage earner on ? 6K ? it is not aboot time we broke it for a player like Christie ?

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I think its been asked before whats our Top Wage earner on ? 6K ? it is not aboot time we broke it for a player like Christie ?
    Isn't that partly why AFC ended up with financial problems from the 90's until very recently. Breaking the wage barrier for a host of big name players? No doubt it upsets the dressing room and sets a new level that they all want. Living within our means isn't very ***y or exciting but i don't think throwing money at a player/problem is the answer. Take him on loan - worked last year, why wouldn't it work next? The only issue is if he's not allowed to play against Celtic.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast