+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is BREXIT F * C K E D?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think it probably is.

There's no way Theresa May can go into negotiations now.....if her or Corbyn enter into the discussion room with Juncker and the rest of them we will get butt f k d by the Europeans.

It's the youth vote that has seen this election result happen and Labour know this and will want to keep the kids happy as they are the strength of that party now so I wouldn't be surprised to see either another BREXIT vote next year OR a very soft BREXIT with full and free movement of people still allowed.

What an unholy f c k up the "Liberal Elite" and career politicians have made of the last few months and years.

I don't like Corbyn and his politics at all but I take my hat off to him for his campaign.

There's no secret to it really,if you offer people giveaways and free cash they're likely to vote for you,students don't want to pay for their education and neither do their parents,most people want everything for nothing and so after years of austerity this is appealing.

Prepare yourself for the non existent BREXIT.
    I agree with much of what you say here. After this last round of events I find myself becoming indifferent to the whole political spectrum in the UK. May was a lacklustre performer in this campaign and the Tory manifesto targetted cuts against many of its traditional voters. The terrorist incidents didnt help May as this gave Labour plenty of license to hit out at Police cuts.

As for Corbyn, I think he's fairly genuine even if I wouldn't vote for him. In life people often get what they deserve. The way I'm feeling as we pick up the pieces from this fu*k*ng mess we are in, I almost couldn't care less. Let him implement his policies when the time comes, and let the kids who were seduced by the abolition of tuition fees, increased benefits, cheap public transport etc together with the borrowing of untold billions, let them face the chickens as they come home to roost in a few years time. They will realise that if they aren't paying for all of these handouts now, then someone else is.

It's getting to a point for me where we all get what we deserve, a pile of disingenuous career politicians who despite embarrassing themselves routinely in the media, keep getting voted in.

I can't see how Brexit can't go ahead. The people of the country voted for it and it is up to the government to do the bidding of the people. If it does not happen then democracy in this country is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I can't see how Brexit can't go ahead. The people of the country voted for it and it is up to the government to do the bidding of the people. If it does not happen then democracy in this country is dead.
    I think it will still go ahead, its just that each person's perception of Brexit varies wildly. Does this mean we stay in the single market, do we stay in the customs union, do we stay in the ECHR?

Lots to discuss, it was a referendum vote which was a simple Yes/No but there was a lot of grey areas that weren't covered. Again, it was poor decision making from our politicians which lead us here.

I don't understand why, 40+ years ago when we joined, that there weren't any conditions laid down should the Country decide to exit.
    Surely every EU Country should get an annual Statement showing what's in the EU kitty, and how much it would cost them to exit.
    What if every Nation one-by-one comes out? It could leave a whopping great surplus in the last man (say) Belgium's favour (along with a couple of million refugees)!

Shouldn't Dave have made tentative enquiries before the Referendum, so that the Public could make its mind up with full knowledge, instead of The Unintelligent Boris telling us all there would be £350m pw savings. (He, and other MPs who lie to the Public, should be imprisoned).
    And a lot of people (myself included) made assumptions that we would get no more Euro Immigrants - this Country is full up to the brim, unless we want This Green and Pleasant Land to be one huge housing estate.

I don't get this thing about a 'hard' and 'soft' Brexit. Prior to the vote last year, numerous Brexiteers are on record as saying a vote to leave would mean leaving the Single Market. It was very clear that if we want control of our borders and the ability to restrict movement of people then the EU will not allow us access to the Single Market. We are the outcasts as we've opted to leave the club so why on earth will the EU allow us access to the single market which will only entice other dissatisfied countries to do the same?

According to former Chancellor Nigel Lawson, the Single Market is not a big deal as weighted trade tarifs average 3% which does not stop the US, Canada and many countries outside the EU trading with Europe. So, Lawson's point was there is only one Brexit where we are not in the Single Market but where we control our borders, live by our own self-imposed laws and we carry on trading.

I'm disallusioned with it all tbh. May has displayed the same arrogance as Cameron is assuming that the public will give her what she wanted in a referendum. We MIGHT get Brexit IMO but I think there will be another election first and the end (Brexit) result will be a grossly watered down affair by the liberal elite and not at all what many of us thought we voted for. Sadly, history shows that in cases where the population has voted against Europe such as the Irish with The Lisbon Treaty, the result gets overidden by the elite who ask them to vote again until they get the result they want.

I think prior to Brexit though, we are in the midst of one almighty f8ck up by our politicians on all sides and at the moment I can only see uncertainty ahead due to so many low calibre career politicians making poor decisions and judgments that have landed us in this mess.
    Last edited by stripes39; 10-06-2017 at 01:13 PM.

i for one dont think its f00ked but having said that Cameron is the culprit here for not wording the referendum right.we will leave the EU but the final terms could be anything because of him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)