Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
We could not be anymore opposite in our views Al,

Benitez - Often gone to clubs on a huge salary, with massive funding behind him on a massive salary. Just because he got Newcastle promoted with the biggest budget in the league doesn't make him a good manager. He failed at Real Madrid and Inter.

Ranieri - Despite his success at Leicester, still not convinced about him as a manager. Again would come with huge salary. Leicester he inherited a great team, on a winning run, with backroom staff who ran it. Not taking anything away from him but whoever was appointed would have done well. Before that he was Greece manager and finished bottom of their group where the Faroes and Northern Ireland beat them home and away.

Monk - Probably the most credible/realistic of your suggestions. Did well at Swansea and Leeds. Heard a rumour there was massive unrest in the Swansea team when he left. Still relatively untested in the prem, as he wasn't at Swansea for long.

Woods better than Rondon? Unless he has improved a lot since he was with us, which is possible because I only watched him once last season, I would rather stick with what we have. Cannot figure out why you keep banging the drum about Defoe, he would be a disaster for us. As any small striker would be with our current set up.
Good post! I only said Benitez and Ranieri in jest with 50 million plus to spend on players which is never going to happen at West Brom and neither would they come to us and take a salary reduction. To be fair though, Benitez did a decent job at Liverpool for a while, and nobody would walk away with the championship.

The reference between Woods and Rondon was not so much to say who was better. It was to point out Woods is more clinical with his finishing in front of goal. Defoe - did not have any support at Sunderland and the players around him were inferior to those around Rondon - but he scored 15 goals. Like Woods, Defoe is clinical and rarely misses! That's the difference.

I don't want a striker who works his titties off! I want a striker who can produce magic, and puts away easy chances - bit like Odemwingie in his good old days!