+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams reject Ince bid

Oh dear Gents this thread has got me angry! So here is my opinion

Ince is class at this level and we should keep him if we want to get promotion!
    He isn't a battler but an assist or a goal a game in a good side would be an achievement well within his grasp!

The point about the size of Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley etc is a well made one, its a fact that they are smaller clubs than Derby just like we are smaller than Everton, Spurs etc.
    No discussion needed about there present league positions as this is fact!
    It would take a crazy man to gamble that all 3 will remain in the Premeir league beyond 2020!

Swales So what your actually saying is its OK to pay somebody £30,000 a week to turn upon less than 50% of the time No wonder were still in the Championship

Leicester fans would rather keep king than have hughes and i cant blame them.

Hughes or ince? For me id keep ince if its a choice of selling one, ince scores goals and assists, hughes does nothing but pretty 3 yard passes and dribbles on the ball a lott, and ince is better at dribbling and can pass decent aswell.

Hughes is lightweight, goes missing because he hasnt got a daddy figure alongside him. Sell for 5m and keep ince.

Leicester fans would rather keep king than have hughes and i cant blame them.

Hughes or ince? For me id keep ince if its a choice of selling one, ince scores goals and assists, hughes does nothing but pretty 3 yard passes and dribbles on the ball a lott, and ince is better at dribbling and can pass decent aswell.

Hughes is lightweight, goes missing because he hasnt got a daddy figure alongside him. Sell for 5m and keep ince.

What utter rubbish. Quality footballer who is an U21 international and has captained his country!
    Not even worth discussing such comments!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales So what your actually saying is its OK to pay somebody £30,000 a week to turn upon less than 50% of the time No wonder were still in the Championship
    No what I'm saying is that he doesn't go missing 50% of the time his stats will prove thats not the case, yes he has off games, don't all players? But often the blame is put on Ince when actually its the fact that the team around him is not playing well. He is not the sort of player to get a team going through sheer effort (though I've seen him play his effort is there) but he is a player that one moment of brilliance can turn a game with an assist and a goal and lift the team that way.

Selling Ince would IMO be a big mistake, a team needs a flair player and he scored or created 23 goals last season when you claim he was poor most of the time! If we aim for promotion then we need players like Ince, as much as we need leaders who will scrap and battle, its getting that mix right thats the key.

£7.5m for Ince they are having a laugh Huddersfield, try bidding at least £10m+ and we just might start to consider your offer and take you more seriously.

Hear hear Swale

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Hear hear Swale
    Likewise, back in the day ambition was demonstrated by buying Mackay, Todd, Stimac, Biaino, I think an equal demonstration of ambition would be KEEPING Ince. Offer them Hughes instead.

Or Butterfield, Camara, Blackman, £7.5 million as a job lot!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Or Butterfield, Camara, Blackman, £7.5 million as a job lot!
    Perhaps DCFC should say Huddersfield can have Ince for £15m, or £10m plus Butterfield.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)