+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: maloney signs

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Something is a little off on this whole thing, if he has a career ending injury then why did he realise this in July when he wasn't even training? I would have thought he would have had some idea at the end of last season in May when he was at Hull who have also came out and said the injury is manageable and their contract offer was still on the table.

I think he was going to sign for us, Celtic have told him to hold on as they might offer him a coaching role, he has ersed us about with this injury thing and we have wasted 2 months trying to sign him. Not our fault but we might have been better off telling him to forget it in July when he came up with this injury thing and moved onto someone else.

Hopefully we use the money for him on another player, possibly a defender as some have mentioned.
    You need to be fair to him. He wanted to play for us and was in denial about how bad his injury was. He hasn't turned us down for Celtic. He didn't want to sign for us and not be good enough. Pretty commendable. His wages wouldn't have been that much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You need to be fair to him. He wanted to play for us and was in denial about how bad his injury was. He hasn't turned us down for Celtic. He didn't want to sign for us and not be good enough. Pretty commendable. His wages wouldn't have been that much either.
    Maybe you are right and I am being harsh on him, it just seems a little convenient that this coaching job has came up and he has been offered it. I think Celtic have known for a while their u20 coach was leaving so there is a chance they have told him he might get it?

Good luck to him though and to be honest he probably wouldn't have played that much here anyway, Im sure the wages we would have offered him will be enough to bring in another player.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Maybe you are right and I am being harsh on him, it just seems a little convenient that this coaching job has came up and he has been offered it. I think Celtic have known for a while their u20 coach was leaving so there is a chance they have told him he might get it?

Good luck to him though and to be honest he probably wouldn't have played that much here anyway, Im sure the wages we would have offered him will be enough to bring in another player.
    I don't know him but I do know someone close to him and they said he was in denial about the injury and didn't want to sign for us if he couldn't give his best. The options were always signing for us or retiring. I don't know why but he was really keen on playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedofdon View Post
    That is one way to look at it! I bet he got offered a better deal with Celtic and took that.
    Geez did W@nknamarra never happen?

He could have fckd us over and he didn't - good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Geez did W@nknamarra never happen?

He could have fckd us over and he didn't - good enough for me.
    My thoughts too. Its a pity as a fit Maloney would have brought something different to the team. Still more annoyed about losing out on Stevie May to be honest.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910