+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Memory lane..

Memory lane..

I just came across this by accident and thought phuck me i was at that game.. It brought back memories of having to pay little scouse conts to watch our car, we paid the little sh!ts and fair play our car was fine unlike the ones who did not pay and returned to find broken windows ,missing stereos and in some cases cars were left on bricks minus the expensive alloy wheels.. Those were the days ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSiF7JODhq4

Once paid to have the brand new Range Rover "minded" on Ardwick Green, whilst me and the ex-wife went to the Apollo Theatre to watch Freddie Jackson in concert. Came out, the car alarm was screaming, bizzies were writing out a Crime Report, the stereo had gone, the driver's leather seat shredded as the little barstewards had slid across it to rifle the glove box and nick the stereo! Phooking glass was everywhere from when the little tw@s had smashed the side window. Grrrrrrhhhhhhh!

I was at that game, one of the lads on our minibus returned to it after the game with just his undies on !! they nicked everything else he was wearing. thieving scouse gits. must admit it cheered everybody else up on the minibus though. On the plus side we still had all the wheels on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Once paid to have the brand new Range Rover "minded" on Ardwick Green, whilst me and the ex-wife went to the Apollo Theatre to watch Freddie Jackson in concert. Came out, the car alarm was screaming, bizzies were writing out a Crime Report, the stereo had gone, the driver's leather seat shredded as the little barstewards had slid across it to rifle the glove box and nick the stereo! Phooking glass was everywhere from when the little tw@s had smashed the side window. Grrrrrrhhhhhhh!
    Ah but that was the Mancs, thieving *******s, you can't trust them, pay a scally to look after your car and you'll be fine......probably. To be fair to them I shelled out on numerous occasions in the 60s and never once had a problem, but that was a really long time ago.

Newcastle was always OK as long as your paid the kids something ----and it was very rough around St James Park in the 60s and 70s.

More memories .. http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...keeper_Pearce/ Anyone else have any ?

I suppose all Managers have their own way of doing things, it does seem very harsh the way he treated Pearce though.

Although only a child European games at the Turf stand out, also coming back from QPR on the coach with all the windows bricked by Rangers fans, that was a cold journey home, standing on the long side just after the no mans land was built with iron railings and a Hob nailed boot was thrown over by the Newcastle fans and hit the guy standing right next to me in the face who had to be carried out.

The Celtic home game was one never to forget in the Anglo Cup, I was working as a barman at the Hop and sneaked out, what I saw that night was sheer carnage, said railing pulled up and used as spears by the Glasgow scum and fights breaking out left right and centre, I left 10 minutes before the end to get back before the boss who was also on the ground somewhere.

Did you go to this one mike.. ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-Ot4ioE58 . and can anyone name the players.?

Thank God John Motson was not commentating on this one.

Not me but somone says, Burnley 0 Man Utd 2, 4,000 attendance.

We have had this one before, ask Alf he was left of centre in the main stand!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)