+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What now for Mee, Tarkowski and Kev Long?

What now for Mee, Tarkowski and Kev Long?

Keane is gone.

Given that Ben Mee is probably one of the first names on our first X1 team sheet and Kevin Long and James Tarkowski have waited patiently in the wings and on the bench every Saturday for season after season, how will the apple cart remain steadfast if we sign another centre back to ostensibly replace Keane?

Long has finally experienced first team football with us and he is now in the full Eire team, what will Kev's reaction be to Tom Lees arriving (for example)?

Similar question needs to be asked for Tarkowski?

Do we need four centre backs or is three enough? Can Tom Anderson or Alex Whitmore step up to the plate?

Glad this one is for SD to solve and not me!

I would rather see the club attempt to sign a proven Premier League replacement , even if it meant spending all the money from the Keane sale.

A new signing for Keane is ***** .Long playing next to Tarkowski will most likely lead to relegation next season if Mee gets injured. There is no one else at the club anywhere close to playing in the first team in that position.

Michael or Craig Dawson for me.

I am interested in what happens to Kevin Long as he had a good loan spell with us, and we've just sold our captain Marc Roberts to Birmingham for roughly £3.5 mill. Were Burnsley really in on that deal for Roberts, it was suggested that they had made a better late offer but obviously nothing came of it.
    And whats George Boyd playing at, turning you lot down and going down a league to the Fowls ?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    I would rather see the club attempt to sign a proven Premier League replacement , even if it meant spending all the money from the Keane sale.

A new signing for Keane is ***** .Long playing next to Tarkowski will most likely lead to relegation next season if Mee gets injured. There is no one else at the club anywhere close to playing in the first team in that position.

Michael or Craig Dawson for me.
    Dawson for me makes sense if he's interested, pulis I've no doubt will be a cock about it but my view is make a proper offer and don't insult them with a derisory initial amount.
    That way we don't fuel pulis gun and waste the next 4 weeks on a hook waiting for answers.
    Definitely get Dawson if available IMO.

Mee becomes leader and the other two get a chance to step up and impress.

I wonder is Ward becoming surplus to requirements if we get Taylor?

Wardy will be moving if the Robertson deal comes off and that is now a real possibility.

That surprises me BT after the signing of Taylor. Hope so and I might even start to get excited about seeing some football this season.

We've already lost Keane , Boyd and Barton with hopefully Gray following soon, can we afford to lose Ward? Not forgetting that Defour is still more likely to go than stay, that is an awful lot of changes to the team that stayed up. Maybe too many .
    Last edited by thedonz; 04-07-2017 at 04:41 PM.

No one wants Defour apart from Olympiakos who don't want to pay much of his salary so he is turning up for preseason albeit probably reluctantly. Maybe he will see the light!!

No matter who we sell, adequate replacements will be brought in and I think we will be all the fresher and better for it!

This transfer window has the potential for being the most eventful one in our history. We could see outgoings and incomings every week .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)