+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blades to re-invest

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    For me it's about building strength in depth and not leaving ourselves open if someone gets injured or banned. Sooner that for me than replace the whole squad.
    I agree,thats why we are being linked with Leonard,who even if he signs,i couldnt see dislodging Fleck or Coutts unless there is an injury or loss of form,but he must feel once he is given a chance would really flourish in our team/system

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Money from the Kyle & Harry deals...

Looking for a CB, CM & Striker

Interesting.

Leonard still No. target it seems.

I'd like to see some decent money spent on a CM.
    There's a first time for everything I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    You mean the Basham who only yesterday signed a new 2 year contract,and now you want him replaced?
    Contracts mean nothing. Basham had a really good spell last year in league one i'll give him that. I hope im wrong but he's our main utility player and that's concerning for me in this league. He's got championship experience but i don't think he has the quality. He's a work horse but lacks real intelligence on the field for me.

If that's from the BBC I haven't seen where he says he'll spend it. He says if it's made avaiable to him, IF.

Now be written in stone he was promised the money then McCabe reneged on it.

Contracts mean nothing. Basham had a really good spell last year in league one i'll give him that. I hope im wrong but he's our main utility player and that's concerning for me in this league. He's got championship experience but i don't think he has the quality. He's a work horse but lacks real intelligence on the field for me.
    Can you give us a name of a utility player we can sign and will not leave you feeling underwhelmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    CM in CW's mind at the moment is Leonard. We may have to go to £750k to get him but money well spent IMO. We don't have a player like him at the moment box to box player who defends in front of the back three. If Brookes turns in performances like he did last night then no need to get any more midfielders in after Leonard as we will have enough competition.

We seem to be putting a lot of money towards getting Lenighan in at CB, if rumours are to be believed, talk of bids of £1.5 million plus going in. Interesting CW still looking for 1 more up top. A player with pace has to be on the shopping list and yes a back up keeper is crucial. Seems we've had to wait for the Maguire, Walker and Murphy money to be confirmed before we started pushing the financial boat out so more Aldi now than Netto shopping.
    Netto is grim! Have you ever tried an Aldi £5.29 fillet steak? Twice what you'll find in Tesco/Sainsbury! Netto is down there with Farm Foods!

Name:  DFB1CoZXYAAzjil.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  72.2 KB

yeah still think chris wants 4 more players in must be very keen on lenighan if hes prepared to go to that price and im certain he plans to bring another striker in with leonard and another keeper the other 2

Money from the Kyle & Harry deals...

Looking for a CB, CM & Striker

Interesting.

Leonard still No. target it seems.

I'd like to see some decent money spent on a CM.
    Misleading comments from the OP.

If you listen to last nights interview Wilder says he'd like to spend the Walker windfall.
    He was asked directly if the money was available to spend and he says he isn't sure what money would be made available.
    However even if the money was available he's probably best advised not to admit it otherwise clubs would demand more thinking we're rich.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    Misleading comments from the OP.

If you listen to last nights interview Wilder says he'd like to spend the Walker windfall.
    He was asked directly if the money was available to spend and he says he isn't sure what money would be made available.
    However even if the money was available he's probably best advised not to admit it otherwise clubs would demand more thinking we're rich.
    Not misleading at all.....

BBC headline reads "Blades to re-invest"

Subsequent article that follows concludes Chris Wilder will "try to spend" the money wisely to improve the squad.

If theres a separate interview then i havnt heard it...

He's only discussing the money from the sell on fees so i struggle to understand your point. If the money wasn't available to him he would have said...the money isn't available from the deals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast