+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ins and Outs

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    The 30k plus will be happy enough if Leeds are winning regardless how many nationalitys are in the team. Club before country, remember.
    Used to be the case that Leeds were special, different to all those who sold out simply to get ahead, seems were not that different after all,😝

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Germany England Switzerland Sweden Scotland Macedonia France Holland Poland Ghana New Zealand Northern Ireland Republic of Ireland Spain are all in our current squad, it's as international as it's ever been
    14 nations, squad of 18, English representation 1 in how many?

Why do any of us support Leeds, when 90% of the players don't even speak English as a first language? Something wrong somewhere. 😣

Currently green BPF ayling Coyle Denton Cooper Phillips Vieira bridcutt Okane dallas and wood all speak English as their first language, that's almost half our squad

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Currently green BPF ayling Coyle Denton Cooper Phillips Vieira bridcutt Okane dallas and wood all speak English as their first language, that's almost half our squad
    From last season. Even then, how many games did they play between them, compared to those from other parts of the world? And how many would you expect this season, given that we have how many 8 - 9 new foreign players and not one new senior player who is English.

WTF does have a point. Foreign players are to be expected these days but aren't we overdoing it !?
    I'm hopeful one or two will do ok but the rest we will be stuck with for a while. I'm still hoping I'm wrong rather than having confidence in how we are doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure what "theory" you think I have? I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English, no matter where they might have as an ethnic background.

As for performances, we played with a squad made up of a reasonably balanced mix of nationalities last season, didn't turn out that bad, did it?

We batter the likes of Scum, Sh1tty, Chelsfield for their plastic fans and teams constructed via a chequebook rather, then we celebrate (almost to the point of delerium) when the club recruits what, 9 of the 11 newcomers as foreign players at all levels.

I asked what the introduction of the U23s said about the intention to invest in Academy products, no answer came the deafening response (or more accurately, don't care).

"I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English"

What ****in relevence does this have???
    My missus is Spanish, Fluent in English, Greek and italian, and she can get by in a few languages more as i can also. What knowledge do you have personally about what languages our new players are fluent in?
    Really, just rediculous!
    I mean, to begin with, surely they could get by with "pass the ball Sackho you greedy C@nt!"

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    "I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English"

My missus is Spanish, Fluent in English, Greek and italian, and she can get by in a few languages more as i can also. What knowledge do you have personally about what languages our new players are fluent in?
    Really, just rediculous!
    I mean, to begin with, surely they could get by with "pass the ball Sackho you greedy C@nt!"
    He's just a sad git with nothing to do other than troll this site . He should try getting a job or something . Maybe he could do with abit of in/out himself to distract from the petty daily bile he spues up

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    He's just a sad git with nothing to do other than troll this site . He should try getting a job or something . Maybe he could do with abit of in/out himself to distract from the petty daily bile he spues up
    Pan, kettle, black, springs to mind.

Not one of you has the intelligence to actually respond to the issue, just dewy-eyed fawning gratitude that the club is bringing in new players, no matter who they are, where they come from, nor what it says about the clubs intentions for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post

Really, just rediculous!
    Lucky you having such a linguistically gifted lady!

That wasn't the point and you know it, just easy to pick and choose the bits of a post that are easy to respond to with "humorous" ripostes.

How about you try picking holes in the retail of that post, give you something to do for a while?

Should always be a case of being chosen on ability instead of race. If the locals aren't making the grade or are being poached by others clubs, then of course the club are going to have to look further a field.

The F.A has simply taken to long to invest in grass roots football and it's only in the last couple of years they have taken it seriously.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)