+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolton not in the clear yet

Bolton not in the clear yet

You feel like they're trying to save a sinking boat by bailing out with a tea cup got to catch up sooner or later surely

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport...g_up_petition/

They will survive somehow,clubs always find a way

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Maybe they need their own version of the Co-oP, then a Mandy, then a Billionaire fisherman!

On a more serious note, it's worrying for football (in the Financial Fair Play era) that this is still happening. Hope they get through it.

Look at the Pigs,somebody can along and saved them,mores the pity

Hark at GLORIA Blockers. UTCB

A club well above their station for so many years...

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    A club well above their station for so many years...
    Did you ever go and watch em when Jay Jay was thrillin their fans mate? I used to luv watchin him play.UTCB

They do, and until there's an actual consequence to getting themselves in the brown stuff, they'll continue to throw money away. I mean, Leicester - was it twice they went into administration? Look at them now. Whereas we've been financially prudent and just spent six years in the third tier. Where's the justice? Where's the benefit in running a club well?

It looks like they have had their Co-op moment the previous owner wrote off £170M when he sold the club for £1. but the new owners didn't have any money and the club was losing over £6M a year so one of the owners took out a £5M loan at 24% compound interest, which they can't pay back, so the interest keeps rising.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Did you ever go and watch em when Jay Jay was thrillin their fans mate? I used to luv watchin him play.UTCB
    Yes i did mate....my first away game was Sheff utd v Bolton at Burnden park.

Like i said...well above their station with the likes of jay jay, anelka, stelios, djorkaeff, campo, hierro, F**k me that team would be worth billions in this day and age. Wonder if we'll ever see a 6/7 year stretch of madness like that at the lane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast