+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chicarito

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    So many of the top sides are sitting on quality forwards who are unlikely to play regular football next season:

Chelsea:
    Michy Batshuayi
    Loic Remy

Arsenal:
    Theo Walcott
    Danny Welbeck

Man City:
    Wilfried Bony

Man Utd:
    Marcus Rashford

Liverpool:
    Daniel Sturridge
    Danny Ings
    (possibly) Divock Origi

We're miles behind most PL clubs in both quality and depth up front at the moment - should really be pushing to get one of the above in on loan.
    You can knock Rashford off that list he is first team,Welbeck and Sturridge are going nowhere.

Let's not write Gayle or Mitro off, or any other player that's going to be starting for us in the forwards ense.
    Time will tell quite quickly if we can cope with what we have and it's certainly not a given either way, in terms of good or bad.

I do admit that I would love to have a top quality goal scorer on board. Let's hope it happens...but if not...let's see what's really in Rafa's locker.
    Just remember, we are starting the premier season, not under Pardew or McClaren...but under Rafa, who has had time to gather a collective mentality and togetherness among all at the club.

It's a far cry from what we've been used to, so let's ride the Rafa rollercoaster and hope it givces us the ride we hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    You can knock Rashford off that list he is first team,Welbeck and Sturridge are going nowhere.
    It's a difficult thing to call with Rashford - he was pushed out wide last season by Ibrahimovich, and so you'd expect Lukaku will do the same to him this season. Ibrahimovich is making a quicker recovery from injury than initially was expected, and I suspect they'll offer him another contract when he's back too. I think Man Utd will sign a 'real' wide player (Mourinho doesn't seem to rate Martial) and Rashford will find himself struggling for game time again. Obviously all speculation like.

Welbeck is surely now behind Lacazette in the runnings, and it doesn't look like Sanchez or Giroud are going anywhere, so again, where does Welbeck fit? And the discussion about Sturridge and Klopp is now fairly well-trodden, so I won't go over that, but the upshot is that he'd surely want to get out for the sake of his international career.

I'm not saying any of these players would look at us seriously as an option, but I'd like to be in the discussion at least.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)