+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jorge grant song.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    But true?
    I was referring to the OP's effort.

I don't see why you can't have a fierce on-field rivalry whilst building a constructive off-field relationship with a nearby club. The reality is that Forest are two leagues higher and have a number of young players who could be very effective in helping us and themselves to progress if they join on loan. If this works, and we rise up the leagues to a point when we are competing on even terms, then the relationship would change, but for the time being it's a sensible and mutually rewarding business decision to work together constructively.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't see why you can't have a fierce on-field rivalry whilst building a constructive off-field relationship with a nearby club. The reality is that Forest are two leagues higher and have a number of young players who could be very effective in helping us and themselves to progress if they join on loan. If this works, and we rise up the leagues to a point when we are competing on even terms, then the relationship would change, but for the time being it's a sensible and mutually rewarding business decision to work together constructively.
    Spot on. Nothing but good can come of this 'special relationship' until we're competing directly

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Spot on. Nothing but good can come of this 'special relationship' until we're competing directly
    Yep, it sticks in the throat to see our owner sucking up to the reds but it does make sense, it still "narks" me that the redrag & some of their fans seem to see this as them doing us a favour when the truth is it suits both clubs & the player, if Grant hadn't been able to prove himself at Notts last season I very much doubt he would have got a contract across the river, good business all round imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Yep, it sticks in the throat to see our owner sucking up to the reds but it does make sense, it still "narks" me that the redrag & some of their fans seem to see this as them doing us a favour when the truth is it suits both clubs & the player, if Grant hadn't been able to prove himself at Notts last season I very much doubt he would have got a contract across the river, good business all round imo.
    Yep, it works to a point.

A league below, is acceptable. But NFFC would never allow Notts to climb to the league they are in, with their own players.
    From a business point of view, pure stupidity.
    Take Grant, come January I hope he is the player I think he is and gets recalled.
    Talk of lets talk him round to sign, is quite frankly, laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Talk of lets talk him round to sign, is quite frankly, laughable
    If the lad is guaranteed a first team spot and he absolutely is and he gets the type of adoration and recognition he'll never get at Forest, you never know?

Playing for Notts is putting himself in the shop window and giving him the exposure he'll never get in the stiffs over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    If the lad is guaranteed a first team spot and he absolutely is and he gets the type of adoration and recognition he'll never get at Forest, you never know?

Playing for Notts is putting himself in the shop window and giving him the exposure he'll never get in the stiffs over there.
    If he plays that well we won't be able to afford him anyway.

Oh rubbish Vlad
    1. He's just signed a 3 year contract
    2. Guaranteed his wages won't be on Notts usual radar
    3. The manager has already said he's in future plans, which is why he is going to you for experience
    4. I hope he plays every game and excels, it purely means his loan gets cut short

Give over Vlad!! The lad would not consider signing for us as a career enhancing move. He is here to get first team experience which is to the good and benefit of NFFC (spit)() Nothing more, nothing less.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast