+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so if rafa did his job how much would he have

so if rafa did his job how much would he have

we all are aware we have probably 10 -15 players we could or have gotten rid of

getting these out would release a huge amount of wages and raise some money for the transfers

if you think the following have gone

anita ,goofy ,murphy ,Armstrong on loan sels on loan Sammy on loan but we still have an abundance of players we don't need and could get rid off

who would you let go

I reckon we are paying 400-500 k a week we don't need to be and could get in 35 mill in transfers

apart from those gone who would you let go

me would be mistertrick 60k

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
    lazaar
    hayed
    diame
    perez
    saivet
    riviere
    thauvin
    haidara
    good
    sterry

I think Sammy has signed for Bolton,not on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

getting these out would release a huge amount of wages and raise some money for the transfers

anita ,goofy ,murphy ,Armstrong on loan sels on loan Sammy on loan but we still have an abundance of players we don't need and could get rid off

who would you let go

I reckon we are paying 400-500 k a week we don't need to be and could get in 35 mill in transfers

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
    lazaar
    hayed
    diame
    perez
    saivet
    riviere
    thauvin
    haidara
    good
    sterry

if nobody wants them, how can we ship them out?
    to be fair, only lower scale prem sides and championship teams will want these players, can anyone from the championship match their current salaries?
    Take Saivet for example, even the side he was on loan at wont touch him, seems quite happy to sit on his wage packet

Thauvin gone..£10 million

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

who would you let go

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
    lazaar
    hayed
    diame
    perez
    saivet
    riviere
    thauvin
    haidara
    good
    sterry
    Thauvin has gone,we got £9.8 million for him.

We need to keep Perez; Hayden will improve too. The rest I largely agree with (don't know enough about Good or Sterry)

You say you own a business but your posts make you come across like a spotty kid playing footy manager with little to no understand of how finances work in the real world, your using monopoly logic, it's pretty basic tbh mate.

Aye a lot of dead wood needs shifting but that's part and parcel of improving your squad, it takes time, it's not all going to happen in one summer, that's for sure.

Hayden's a tidy midfielder, why would we want to sell him?

Why would you get rid of Perez who also has room to improve? That would leave us with ONE striker...

Colback is not first team but he's definitely a squad player at the minute.

Who are you going to replace all these players with? Use your basic number game of well this guys on 20k that guys on 60k, we'll get 5m for him and 10m for him so that means we can get either a 40m striker or 4 10m players... Who are these players going to be?

It's a TEAM game, not a name game like you like to think it is, this TEAM got us promoted and you can't just ship all them out and **** all over the team spirit, ethic and cohesion that did it's job, you need to improve it over time, for obvious reasons in that you won't get all your targets in one window, you won't get rid of all your dead wood, you can't unbalance the side and you need a ****ing squad...

Rafa will build his team over a few windows, short term thinking like yours is what got us in this mess, which you point out about Shephard and Hall so why the **** are you trying to go on like a "drug addict" with your way of quick fixing, which completely ignores the dynamic of the team, structure of the squad/everyday training, team building etc and is just using the logic of replacing crap names with more expensive names without realising that we could be in the same/worse position... A team needs to be built over time unless you have endless millions, it's long term vision and this is what we've missed and lead to MA mistakes, we now have a manager who knows how to run a club and build a team with ethos... First port of call is to improve the first team, we're now doing that (slowly), so that we have 11 players that are capable of playing his style and do a job (they may just surprise people like you, they didn't do that bad last season) then consolidate our position with January signings if our targets are available.. Next summer will be about wholesale changes to improve us and we'll hopefully have higher sell on values because of our season in the Prem and we'll have PL money to back us.

Short term vision mate, borrow some glasses and you might start seeing what Rafa's actually trying to achieve... Names don't just go together like on a game, they have to be the right people with the right character otherwise you end up with Luque's, Owen's and on the other hand players who see us as a stepping stone like Cabaye, Sissoko et el...

Murphy, Aarons, Shelvey, Hayden, Gayle, Lescelles are all GOOD young English player's who WANT to play and perform for us and Ritchie, Perez, Yedlin, Clarke and even Mbemba(to a lesser extent because of his loan/injuries) have all bought into that and have committed to the team and ethic that Rafa has installed.

If you sign for us, you've got to want to play for us and perform to at least a level where hard work is the bare minimum.

I'd take those "shyte" signings over your unrealistic footy manager *******s suggestions any day of the week and that's why we've got a man with one of the most successful resumes in the league over some prat spouting **** from Peterborough tbh mate.

So yeah, I'll keep my faith in Rafa's LOGIC and EXPERTISE over your basic crap any day of the week matey, crack on

I agree with Zip about Perez and Hayden.

The likes of Hanley and Murphy have done nothing wrong here, but should be sold regardless. Riviere and Saivet has been really bad signings in many ways and should also be sold. Diame might be worth keeping if we don't sign a proven replacement, though he was largely disappointing last season and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

^Sure, some money for wages will be freed here, but I doubt it's gonna make a massive difference Pboro. We need Ashley to want to invest, and we need to wait for our turn in the market. I understand why you're impatient - I'm getting that feeling as well.
    All you can do is wait and see though. I do have a feeling we will get some good players in before the season begins.

The difference now is that we have a manager who is control of transfers and that's in our best interests.

Mainly because instead of just trying to buy "purples" i.e players to make profit, we're signing players who are actually going to improve the team and unless Rafa wants to buy/sell them, then it's not going to happen.

This is now key to our development and where we went wrong in the past... Aye the past manager's weren't as good but the problem was their hands were tied every window...

I'm still shocked that some don't rate Gayle, I genuinely think if he gets the service he'll be one of the highest scorers in the league if he stays fit. Yes we need another striker for sure but let's not cast off some of the lads who got us promoted and have potential to play at this level... Shelvey could force his way in the England team without doubt, some of his passing is really special and it will show at this level, if De Jong can stay fit we've got a **** hot combination there, no doubt about that.

Murphy, Aarons and Ritchie on the wings is pretty ****ing decent too with pace and crossing on point and our defence is a much better unit than it has been in the past, Lescelles is another future England player in my opinion Clarke, Mbemba and I'm sure Lejuene are all solid partners at the back..

We've got a choice of keepers with another one on the way so our spine is in good shape in my opinion, especially considering we've just been promoted.

Don't just write off what we've got as **** and try and replace most of them, because a fair few of the lads have and can play at this level and above all the window hasn't even fecking closed yet, judge when it is and at least wait until you see them play ffs

Quote Originally Posted by northernrock View Post
    you say you own a business but your posts make you come across like a spotty kid playing footy manager with little to no understand of how finances work in the real world, your using monopoly logic, it's pretty basic tbh mate.

Aye a lot of dead wood needs shifting but that's part and parcel of improving your squad, it takes time, it's not all going to happen in one summer, that's for sure.

Hayden's a tidy midfielder, why would we want to sell him?

Why would you get rid of perez who also has room to improve? That would leave us with one striker...

Colback is not first team but he's definitely a squad player at the minute.

Who are you going to replace all these players with? Use your basic number game of well this guys on 20k that guys on 60k, we'll get 5m for him and 10m for him so that means we can get either a 40m striker or 4 10m players... Who are these players going to be?

It's a team game, not a name game like you like to think it is, this team got us promoted and you can't just ship all them out and **** all over the team spirit, ethic and cohesion that did it's job, you need to improve it over time, for obvious reasons in that you won't get all your targets in one window, you won't get rid of all your dead wood, you can't unbalance the side and you need a ****ing squad...

Rafa will build his team over a few windows, short term thinking like yours is what got us in this mess, which you point out about shephard and hall so why the **** are you trying to go on like a "drug addict" with your way of quick fixing, which completely ignores the dynamic of the team, structure of the squad/everyday training, team building etc and is just using the logic of replacing crap names with more expensive names without realising that we could be in the same/worse position... A team needs to be built over time unless you have endless millions, it's long term vision and this is what we've missed and lead to ma mistakes, we now have a manager who knows how to run a club and build a team with ethos... First port of call is to improve the first team, we're now doing that (slowly), so that we have 11 players that are capable of playing his style and do a job (they may just surprise people like you, they didn't do that bad last season) then consolidate our position with january signings if our targets are available.. Next summer will be about wholesale changes to improve us and we'll hopefully have higher sell on values because of our season in the prem and we'll have pl money to back us.

Short term vision mate, borrow some glasses and you might start seeing what rafa's actually trying to achieve... Names don't just go together like on a game, they have to be the right people with the right character otherwise you end up with luque's, owen's and on the other hand players who see us as a stepping stone like cabaye, sissoko et el...

Murphy, aarons, shelvey, hayden, gayle, lescelles are all good young english player's who want to play and perform for us and ritchie, perez, yedlin, clarke and even mbemba(to a lesser extent because of his loan/injuries) have all bought into that and have committed to the team and ethic that rafa has installed.

If you sign for us, you've got to want to play for us and perform to at least a level where hard work is the bare minimum.

I'd take those "shyte" signings over your unrealistic footy manager *******s suggestions any day of the week and that's why we've got a man with one of the most successful resumes in the league over some prat spouting **** from peterborough tbh mate.

So yeah, i'll keep my faith in rafa's logic and expertise over your basic crap any day of the week matey, crack on
    oh well youd want to be a pound behind me mate

i didnt read it
    i just feel anyone that comes on a forum to write war and peace is a bit of an attention seeker really

rafa has acieved one relegation one promotion that not being funny anyone would have done
    and he didnt do it to convincing and he did it short term views

we are now stuck with players he brought in and we cant move henc hampeing our succes in the prem

he doent have one of the best resumes
    he has been sacked from nearly every job

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)