+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our team for the match at Bristol City

Our team for the match at Bristol City

This is for any reds fan on here of course, but Id like to ask those who have gone to see some friendlies and especially those who were there against Cov on Tuesday. Some of them have said they were 'quietly' impressed with what they saw even though it was only a friendly etc.
    So who do we all think are certainties to start for the opening day match at the cheesy slimebags team Bristol City ?

Id say Davies & MacDonald of course at the back (and one of them might be the new captain as well) . I cant say Yids though because Im really not sure if he will still be with us.
    I was willing to give Isgrove some time after his apparent lack of gametime at Saarfampton, but it sounds like hes been ace so hes got to be a definite starter as well along with Moncur obviously. And I was thinking Bradshaw as well but I really cant be sure about that to be honest.

And then again theres the question of will Hecky go with 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 etc. ? Hey dont ask me, Ive got no idea lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 21-07-2017 at 08:54 PM.

I have read about those who were "quietly impressed" Acido & living in the Warwickshire area I can tell you that not many round these parts are impressed with Cov's current position
    Just remember they are L2
    However they have just beaten MK Dons [L1] 2-0 in a friendly
    I live in hope
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-07-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Any win is a good win no matter who,the Bristol game even hecky doesn't know

The following players have to start for me in order to at least offer some form of stability .

Davies , Yiadom , Macdonald , Hammill , Moncur , Bradshaw , I'd also add Isgrove and Mowat to that list .

At least there's a player in each area of the team with experience from last season .

I personally think he will go 4-5-1 and look to keep it nice and tight and let Bristol come on to us .

If it's all square with 20 minutes left the chelsea kid may come on and see if we can nick the win as the game opens up .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The following players have to start for me in order to at least offer some form of stability .
    Davies , Yiadom , Macdonald , Hammill , Moncur , Bradshaw , I'd also add Isgrove and Mowat to that list .
    At least there's a player in each area of the team with experience from last season .
    I personally think he will go 4-5-1 and look to keep it nice and tight and let Bristol come on to us .
    If it's all square with 20 minutes left the chelsea kid may come on and see if we can nick the win as the game opens up .
    I also wonder if Hecky might do the 4-5-1 regularly away from home this season, in the hope of keeping it tight and at least not losing etc. However, that does go against our brilliant away attitude from last season so I hope thats not the case.
    Also my 'signs' at the moment are that he/Hecky just doesn't either like or trust Hammill and I can see Adam being phased out this season sadly.
    And it sounds ludicrous to say, but Ive heard fans suggest that maybe hes too old now anyway and doesn't fit into our age policy. Well for a player of Hammill's class, if thats true then its an absolute disgrace!

I don't think for one minute Hecky will set up away from home to pinch a point .

He may well go 4-5-1 but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going for a draw .

We have to keep ourselves in games to build the confidence .

If we are too adventurous we may get spanked with this new inexperienced squad early doors .

It's a long season and we know what the remit is , stay up , that's all I'm hoping for .

Results are more important than the style for the first half of the season , lets get some points on the board and look to be expansive well away from the drop zone .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't think for one minute Hecky will set up away from home to pinch a point .
    He may well go 4-5-1 but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going for a draw .
    We have to keep ourselves in games to build the confidence .
    If we are too adventurous we may get spanked with this new inexperienced squad early doors .
    It's a long season and we know what the remit is , stay up , that's all I'm hoping for .
    Results are more important than the style for the first half of the season , lets get some points on the board and look to be expansive well away from the drop zone .
    I understand all of that Animal of course, and for me in the long run during a season, results are always more important than performances.
    At the moment Im dreading the idea of us struggling and trying to survive by the skin of our teeth again. And I just wish I could share everybody elses enthusiasm in all these wonder kids we're signing, but I cant and I think this is a recipie for disaster.

Keef the cowboy did it (whether he chose to do it or was forced to do it is irrelevant), and we all know what happened there dont we!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I understand all of that Animal of course, and for me in the long run during a season, results are always more important than performances.
    At the moment Im dreading the idea of us struggling and trying to survive by the skin of our teeth again. And I just wish I could share everybody elses enthusiasm in all these wonder kids we're signing, but I cant and I think this is a recipie for disaster.

Keef the cowboy did it (whether he chose to do it or was forced to do it is irrelevant), and we all know what happened there dont we!!
    All considered logic and football history suggest we are going to struggle .

Most of the chest thumping is simply bravado acido , deep down they are worried about our chances just the same as we are .

What we are attempting to pull off here is unprecedented at this level although not impossible either .

We need a player up top with real ability , the kid from Chelsea may well be that , who knows , as I keep saying I can only see him starting half the games so even if he's a superstar we have a duty of care with another clubs player not to run him into the ground and besides we shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on an 18 year old kid with zilch league experience .

A fif**** goal man and a workable defence may just be enough to keep us out of the bottom 3 .

Let's hope so anyway .

Heres a name off the top of my head.... Nick Powell at Wigan!
    (the bloke who scored an 11 minute hat trick against us, and who also used to present Calendar tv lol).

What we've got here with the kid Ugbo is a '1 season wonder' at best. If he flops then no problem, but if he does well then Chelski add another million onto his transfer fee and he forgets where Barnsley and Yorkshire are etc.

And as for Ashley Fletcher coming back here again on loan..... come on guys, seriously ?
    (despite some fans claiming to have good sources etc, who ever really thought this was going to happen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I also wonder if Hecky might do the 4-5-1 regularly away from home this season, in the hope of keeping it tight and at least not losing etc. However, that does go against our brilliant away attitude from last season so I hope thats not the case.
    Also my 'signs' at the moment are that he/Hecky just doesn't either like or trust Hammill and I can see Adam being phased out this season sadly.
    And it sounds ludicrous to say, but Ive heard fans suggest that maybe hes too old now anyway and doesn't fit into our age policy. Well for a player of Hammill's class, if thats true then its an absolute disgrace!
    Sorry Acido. I think he's deffo League one now. Virtually every opportunity against Cov ended with him on his ar&e. Love him to prove me wrong, but he's creating nowt, and has done for some time. Some of his "falling down" is actually quite embarrassing to watch.!
    A Legend for us, but I think I share Heckys view. 20 minutes at the end to try and magic summat when all else fails.
    I like the lad, and he's done us proud. But too little end product for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast