+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Fletcher Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We need a spark up top , badly , Hecky needs a rabbit out of his top hat .

I'll tell you now if this doesn't happen we are going to struggle .

As time ticks on towards the first game it's worrying that we haven't at least another striker in , two would be sweet .

A fortnight to go , let's hope we get a couple in this week .

After the snake went , Watkins saw his contract out and Armstrong went back to Newcastle I thought we may have given this area our best effort considering how Hecky likes to play .

Very worrying that we haven't landed the targets as yet and I sincerely hope we don't end up with just squad fodder , anybody is better than nowt so to speak and a panic decision .

Thing is we don't know how negotiations have gone or what's going into it behind the scenes. In a recent interview Hecky said that if we bid for a player and terms can't be agreed for whatever reason then we move on to the next target, simple as that. Maybe we've exhausted our options. To be frank, the longer this saga went on i always felt our main striker would end up being a loanee. If that's the case we may even have to wait until the transfer windows nears it's end to get him in. Clubs are not going to release a player on loan right now because a bid could come in for them until the end of August. Any players we do get in on loan right now will be of similar ilk to ugbo or Ryan Kent, young bairns.

Heckys probably frustrated as hell. He gave biscuit Barry and co a list of targets hoping to get them in early to enable him to work with them and bed them into his pattern and stlye of play. As yet they've failed to deliver on the striker front for whatever reason. It's a cause for concern. We need 2 strikers in imo.

It's hard to say without getting pelters and i'm not normally one to pass judgement wi art giving folk a chance but realistically young Pele is not a viable option, he probably won't pick up the pace of Championship football overnight nor will he get match fit in a hurry. At 18 he may well take 3 months to get summat like, realistically any fan expecting him to be the next Tammy Abraham, step in and do the job instantly is asking a helluva lot. I really hope I'm wrong, as wrong as Alan Hansen was when he rubbished the thought of fergies kids winning owt.

If young Pele comes to our rescue I'd be the first to eat humble pie. Good luck to the lad but i can't help but think he'd be more effective weaning his way into the team gradually, looking on from the bench and learning. This is Championship football, not lg1 or lg2
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 23-07-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234