+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks to go and.......

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Just read this.
    Que sera, sera.
    Any one know much about and/or got any views on this lad?
    Could he be the answer?
    No idea to be honest... He could be amazing or terrible.

I would hope and expect Stevens to start ahead of Lafferty.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I would hope and expect Stevens to start ahead of Lafferty.
    it'll take a few games for players to show their true worth in this league and i think some "favourites" will lose their places. Whatever balance wilder finds then if its winning games....i'll be happy. Getting giddy now for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Connor Ripley a done deal apparently......
    If you read his wiki page it says he made one appearance for chris wilders Oxford after which he sent him back having been unhappy with his performance,be an odd decision with this in mind unless he's had him watched and decided he's made major improvements to his game

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    If you read his wiki page it says he made one appearance for chris wilders Oxford after which he sent him back having been unhappy with his performance,be an odd decision with this in mind unless he's had him watched and decided he's made major improvements to his game
    He's a keeper though Bully. He was only 19 or 20 when he was at Oxford and maybe Wilder thought that he wasn't ready, he could be a totally different player now.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    without seeing him or even really hearing of him prior to today i think if he does sign then the jury is out. He's 24...not a new born GK but still years ahead of him. If the wiki page is true then you can only assume the latter part of your comment is correct.

He kept 13 clean sheets at home for a p i s s poor Oldham last season.Moore kept 12. I remember reading glowing comments about his performances. I would be very happy if we signed him on a season long loan.
    Last edited by seanbeanstattoo; 24-07-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    He kept 13 clean sheets at home for a p i s s poor Oldham last season.Moore kept 12. I remember reading glowing comments about his performances. I would be very happy if we signed him on a season long loan.
    Ripley was in and around the England youths abart the same time as George Long i believe.Bash will start if he's fit in a 3,i also think Stevens will start in preference to Lafferty.I've mentioned on other threads that i'll be disapointed if Brooksy aint in the squad,runnin at tirin defenders he'll be gr8.UTCB

Agree rod.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Ripley was in and around the England youths abart the same time as George Long i believe.Bash will start if he's fit in a 3,i also think Stevens will start in preference to Lafferty.I've mentioned on other threads that i'll be disapointed if Brooksy aint in the squad,runnin at tirin defenders he'll be gr8.UTCB
    exciting times - it feels like we are an up and coming club with a squad, as yet untested at this level, with a lot to prove. A better place to be than having to buy overpaid hasbeens to do the job for you.

11 days and counting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast