+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Pucka pies replaced by noodle bar.. Nice..

Healthier option

I always got the feeling the Becketts may have been interested in taking the club over ? However the recent sad loss of Kev Beckett could possibly be the end of such thoughts , I fully expected the Becketts/Palmers good local Business people ,who have done very well for themselves, to have been members of a bigger board , good people with plenty of understanding regarding Fans /Town etc, for sure the board needs making bigger , many have said this for a long time , I still hope this can happen , rather them than Jimmy Choo and the pot noodles !!!
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 26-07-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I always got the feeling the Becketts may have been interested in taking the club over ? However the recent sad loss of Chris Beckett could possibly be the end of such thoughts , I fully expected the Becketts/Palmers good local Business people ,who have done very well for themselves, to have been members of a bigger board , good people with plenty of understanding regarding Fans /Town etc, for sure the board needs making bigger , many have said this for a long time , I still hope this can happen , rather them than Jimmy Choo and the pot noodles !!!
    Agreed, keep it in the Barnsley family spirit if possible

evvin some chinks tek ovver ed certainly purra new slant on things ;-)

All joking aside here, this is something that we are going to have to accept in the near future. Apparently Mr Cryne's family don't want to take the club on when he has to pass it over.
    It could still be worrying times ahead for us.

I appreciate what you're all saying but
    Chinese, Japanese, mucky knees, what are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Hodger what happens when Cryne dies mate? I'd rather take a chance on foreign owners than risk no club at all. The clubs only self sufficient due to hefty transfer fees being received and loans from the Cryne family.

That's the reason I think being taken over asap is our best option. Whose paying the bills when Cryne does pass mate?

Maurice Watkins a guy with no affinity to the club only employed as chairman? Barry Taylor a man who isn't exactly renowned for putting his hand in his pocket is he?

Gauthier Ganaye. Chief executive only employed by the club?

The club needs investment and a new board of directors formulating fast made up of prominent local business man if it isn't going to be taken over and fast. Otherwise it risks going tits up.
    Ok Steve, say you had a terminal illness and you had a young child and no close family to bring them up.
    You heard that Madonna, Angelina Jolie and Elton John were after adopting another child. They said your child would want for nothing, and be spoilt rotten.
    Would hand over your child to one of them, or ask a close friend that you knew to be honest, who held the same values and standards as yourself?
    Close friend for me everytime.

Av nivva understood why adoption agencies purra bairn wi a same *** couple. A may be an old fuddy duddy burrit dunt seem reyt,
    Elton John may ev tekken David Furnish up the aisle burrits not reyt.

Local Lads for Oakwell !

I'm feeling sorry for Patrick at the moment.
    Not only is he living with this cloud over him regarding being poorly- he is also struggling to try and bring players in.
    It's a pity Patrick isn't a Billionaire.
    Great owner - just lacking the money to compete in the Championship.
    I've been to China for the first time this year.
    Great country, terrible environmental problems, really nice people.
    I'd have no problem with a company or individuals from China taking over at the club.
    Be nice tho if they kept Barnsley supporters on the board e.g. Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I'm feeling sorry for Patrick at the moment.
    Not only is he living with this cloud over him regarding being poorly- he is also struggling to try and bring players in.
    It's a pity Patrick isn't a Billionaire.
    Great owner - just lacking the money to compete in the Championship.
    I've been to China for the first time this year.
    Great country, terrible environmental problems, really nice people.
    I'd have no problem with a company or individuals from China taking over at the club.
    Be nice tho if they kept Barnsley supporters on the board e.g. Patrick
    even though Chinese football is starting to collapse over 3 quarters of the teams have missed wage payments and tax payments those huge wages have killed the game in China.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast