+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic is not a political arena ...

Celtic is not a political arena ...

Says Brendan Rogers.

BBC :
    Manager Brendan Rodgers is calling for the Green Brigade to leave politics out of Celtic Park.

Uefa charged Celtic over an "illicit banner" displayed by the fans' group during their Champions League tie against Linfield,

And the Green Brigade section of the stadium will be closed for the next two games "amid serious safety concerns".

"Celtic is not a political arena for any supporters to display any sort of political element," said Rodgers.

"My opinion is totally aligned with the board and the people running the club. I was saddened by what I saw."

The Green Brigade area will be closed for Wednesday's Champions League qualifier against Rosenborg and against Hearts on the opening day of the Premiership season on 5 August.

However, Rodgers was keen to stress the value of the group's support.

Coming from a club that plays the fields of Athenry before every home game

Im sure their will supporters of Celtic who will be in an uproar over BR comments, seeing as the majority of the knuckle dragging scum that is in the Green Brigade, are only at the football to spread their political ideologies. A bit like their ugly sister, who's fan base is largely involved with the club due to it's loyalist background. F*ck the lot of them. I may live in a bubble up here, but i generally have no idea why its all such a big deal down in Glasgow. Whenever i go there, i feel like on a different planet with all the Celtic/Catholic/Rangers/Protestant pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    . I may live in a bubble up here, but i generally have no idea why its all such a big deal down in Glasgow. .
    Its because they are f@cking mongos

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Whenever i go there, i feel like on a different planet with all the Celtic/Catholic/Rangers/Protestant pish.
    A lot of Aberdeen fans say that. I put it down to their experiences of Glasgow being mainly of Parkhead & Ibrox.

I rarely notice it. I'd say it's much worse in the small towns than Glasgow

Glasgow isn't as bad, I never noticed anything. Go to Lanarkshire, West Lothian, Ayrshire and even Alloa and you will find the hardcore stuff. Those are the ones going to Ibrox and Parkhead as well.

I kinda disagree, I have spent a lot of time working down in an around Glasgow, particularly Paisley, Hamilton and Bellshill and i have experienced it first hand. I think for those living in Glasgow and surrounding areas, its relatively the norm, however coming down from Aberdeen to work in that environment was an eyeopener. Most of the hardcore guys were on a different level to anyone i have across up here. I have come away numerous times now, thankful that I live in Aberdeen. No offence to anyone who lives there like, but its much more diluted the further away from Glasgow you get.

I think you've been incredibly unlucky

in the west of Scotland (predominantly) it's never that far from the surface if you scratch a bit.
    Sectarianism is part of the fabric of life from age 5 onwards - separate schools for starters.
    And ironically, half of the bigots have never set foot in Ireland or Northern Ireland and have no ties to either.

Celtic forget (or prefer not to acknowledge) that they are the establishment of Scottish fitba. Their continual tagging on to causes is but a veneer, when they treat the rest of Scottish fitba, apart from their 5-year old pals to the south west, in the same bullying way as those they criticise.

Is that wee toons like Dumbarton where you get "black balled" fae the bowling greens for being of the green persuasion? The school bus fae St Pats used to come up Bonhill Road at 4pm full of tricolour's and IRA paraphernalia and the road would be lined with Union Jack's and UDA songs, the bus would get pelted and then it was "square go" and chased doon the "common". …..ah the good old days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    . I'd say it's much worse in the small towns than Glasgow
    this 100%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast