+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradshaw and Moncur would welcome new contract talks

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn Thomas vs stum View Post
    I'd extend both. Of course this is where the club can't do right for doing wrong. If they extend and they have a downturn in form then it's a waste of brass. If they don't extend and they progress like I hope and think they will then the club lose good players again for under market value.
    Who'd run a football club eh?

There are people at the club who will know their worth to the team [well at least I would hope so] & there are people at the club who should listen

There are also players that would instigate contract negotiations as a means of brokering a move away if agreement couldn't be reached. Just because a player wants to talk contracts doesnt necessarily mean they will sign the contract offered

There are also players that sign improved contracts and their performances tail off because they're in the comfort zone.
    Every player will be different and will react differently.
    I'd like to think my performance wouldn't drop over money if it was me. Who knows?

If they leave it til the end of the season then they've a year left and we're back to square one again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12