+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Wheres the quality?

You are right about one thing... we will know by xmas what sort of seasons we have. O think the Stags have set themselves up for an expensive fall.

Jusy MY opionion

Stags will finish above us. They have a better squad and a manager with a proven track record. There's no way they (or any other L2 club) would have signed the 3 we just did. Like someone mentioned previously, we need solid, proven L2/L1 players like Sheehan, Liddle or Bishop, but instead we just signed a trio who will almost certainly add nothing to the first team this season, if at all.

That said, I agree that Nolan will get the most out of the squad, and that we'll be better than the sum of our parts, but I doubt that'll be enough to push for the top 7. Mid-table at best, lower half more likely than top.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    We are a ****e leage 2 side. I hate to say it but Notts fans are more arrogant the Forest fans nowadays with their air of expectation. It's imburrussing it really is. We are ****e and have been for years and that is why wow signings dont want to play for us. End of.
    During the Trust years I was the first to criticise posters who complained about the club lacking ambition, because we all knew that the club could only spend what it could earn, and the Trust board didn't really try to pretend otherwise. Posters would frequently parrot that "You've got to speculate to accumulate" line, but when you asked them "What with?", they couldn't answer.

I think the frustration here comes from Alan Hardy saying he had increased the playing budget, and supposedly (not to mention ridiculously) bidding £100k for a player we were happy to release twelve months earlier. It has created an expectation that at least some decent money is there, and yet we've signed a six or seven bit-part players (and that's being generous!) when perhaps two or three really high quality recruits would have given us far more belief.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    During the Trust years I was the first to criticise posters who complained about the club lacking ambition, because we all knew that the club could only spend what it could earn, and the Trust board didn't really try to pretend otherwise. Posters would frequently parrot that "You've got to speculate to accumulate" line, but when you asked them "What with?", they couldn't answer.

I think the frustration here comes from Alan Hardy saying he had increased the playing budget, and supposedly (not to mention ridiculously) bidding £100k for a player we were happy to release twelve months earlier. It has created an expectation that at least some decent money is there, and yet we've signed a six or seven bit-part players (and that's being generous!) when perhaps two or three really high quality recruits would have given us far more belief.
    Back to quantity not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

This ^^^

Little jonny does actually raise an interesting question in his original post - does this squad look likely to score more goals than it concedes?

I can only answer 'no', which is why I've had a few quid on a bottom half finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Little jonny does actually raise an interesting question in his original post - does this squad look likely to score more goals than it concedes?

I can only answer 'no', which is why I've had a few quid on a bottom half finish.
    Top half for me and I do not bet and give my money to bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Did you not just sign a 34 year old striker on a 3 year deal?

Speaking personally, I'm not expecting us to be signing the best players from leagues above on crazy wages, just some decent, reasonably well known players would be nice, players like Jon Stead, Alan Sheehan, Gary Liddle, Dean Leacock, Izale McLeod etc in the past (whether they all worked out or not) are the ones we shouldn't be thinking are completely out of our reach, the way QP goes on you'd think he was talking about us being Dagenham & Redbridge... Lewis Allessandra is the only player we've signed this season that would fit that bill imo. Dan Jones and Shaun Brisley too possibly but I'm not that familiar with Brisley tbh.
    Well Delroy you can think that but at the end of the day I am sure you like me would be confident we can compete on the finances for these wow players but they certainly aren't coming. Why is that? Unlucky? All the time? Hmmm let's ponder that one shall we. When you are consistently under performing it doesn't go unnoticed. Hopefully we can drive up the league this season and attract some better talent next. Just having the same manager for 12 months would do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

John Thommo ain't convinced............

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...-factor-265373

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think there was a time under Ray Trew when we recruited as poorly as we have done this season. Sad to say but trew, sorry, true.
    Some of you need to show KN the respect of at least seeing how his signings perform before writing him and them off.

What he managed last season was remarkable and seems to have been forgotten too quickly. The team is almost identical apart from losing Bola, Alessandra is a huge step up on Yeates and Brisley is better than Hollis and we have one of the best attacking midfielders in the division in Grant.

I for one will be heading to ML a week on Saturday optimistic that KN can turn out a fit, organised and disciplined team thats works together and has enough of a goal threat to win more than we lose.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast