+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals Post Match Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It's ok going on about strikers all the time but it's the defence that lost us the game
    The defence is never going to be water tight ESR , it wasn't last season .

If you don't carry a threat up top then you just pile more pressure on the defensive side of the team .

You carry a threat , lose a defensive mistake and a 3-1 defeat easily turns into a 2-2 draw .

We need a Johnny Macken type , far from top notch championship striker but workable with 12 to 15 in him .

Quote Originally Posted by Atac View Post
    Chaps, isn't this all a bit mawkish after one game.

There's undoubted talent in this team. Hecky has to do what he's done before - bring it all together in a coherent unit with the right game plan for each game. He'll do it. If we have recruited with BFC DNA in mind then we'll be OK. Get the basics right: press the ball, pass and move, take the shot. We'll need a team of fighters as well as the talent.

It's doable and Hecky will do it.

Well said pal.

I'd like to know who these 30 yr old experienced players who keep being banded about are exactly?

Look, it's obvious we need a striker and a decent defender but who are we going to get with the necessary experience for the right price? Please give me a name chaps.

To be more realistic let's drop all this ballax about changing plans. It got us relegated in the past and got us into debt. It doesn't work as proven in the past.

We've got to allow this team to grow and develop an understanding. Yes they may be wet behind the ears but they're young and will improve.

I'm certainly no happy clapper. More a realist. I Predicted a 3 nowt defeat today based purely on the fact that Hecky clearly doesn't know his best team yet, the players are still getting acquainted, our suspect defence and lack of fire power. All these need addressing in the next 3 weeks.

I'd expect at least 3 more signings before end of month. They won't be experienced championship campaigners either.

Let's allow the team to grow together. Owt can happen once you find the correct formula. Bottom o LG 1 at chrimbo and promoted 5 months later remember. We as reds fans should know more than most how quickly things can change. Keep the faith

Correct . Hourihane and the rest took us to the bottom of Lg1 before they clicked into gear. New teams take time to build , they never just blend straight from the off.

Regardless of who it is Pass, do you at least agree with the suggestion of us needing to look for some older/experienced players. Or don't you even agree with that ?.
    No I can't name any names and I can't suggest what is the so called right price that we should be looking to pay. But Id definitely say that if we think strikers will get us out of this mess, for the cost of £500k or less, and with what we have in the bank now, well thats just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Regardless of who it is Pass, do you at least agree with the suggestion of us needing to look for some older/experienced players. Or don't you even agree with that ?.
    No I can't name any names and I can't suggest what is the so called right price that we should be looking to pay. But Id definitely say that if we think strikers will get us out of this mess, for the cost of £500k or less, and with what we have in the bank now, well thats just ludicrous.
    I don't want to see older players coming in .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Well said pal.

I'd like to know who these 30 yr old experienced players who keep being banded about are exactly?

Look, it's obvious we need a striker and a decent defender but who are we going to get with the necessary experience for the right price? Please give me a name chaps.

To be more realistic let's drop all this ballax about changing plans. It got us relegated in the past and got us into debt. It doesn't work as proven in the past.

We've got to allow this team to grow and develop an understanding. Yes they may be wet behind the ears but they're young and will improve.

I'm certainly no happy clapper. More a realist. I Predicted a 3 nowt defeat today based purely on the fact that Hecky clearly doesn't know his best team yet, the players are still getting acquainted, our suspect defence and lack of fire power. All these need addressing in the next 3 weeks.

I'd expect at least 3 more signings before end of month. They won't be experienced championship campaigners either.

Let's allow the team to grow together. Owt can happen once you find the correct formula. Bottom o LG 1 at chrimbo and promoted 5 months later remember. We as reds fans should know more than most how quickly things can change. Keep the faith
    That's the problem , we came from the bottom of the league a division lower and a team came together and many think it will happen again in the championship .

Different mindset in league one , we are a big club at that level , struggling in league one is unacceptable , everyone knows the club are underperforming and we shouldn't really struggle in the bottom 4 .

What the club are attempting to do is unprecedented at this level .

You can't follow a league one plan in the championship , it needs revisting , adapting and rolled out to give ourselves at least an opportunity to stay in the league .

It's taking the HC down with it is this game and without Hecky steering the ship we are fecked .

So that means stick with the up to 24-25 year old plan as it is Esr ?.
    Id love for it to work out as it is, but I think if there was a chance of a player making a huge difference for us, even though hes 31 for example and if it was on just another short term fix loan, then Id go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I don't want to see older players coming in .
    Even if they do the business and keep us up ?

Darren Moore came to the club and suddenly we stopped conceding goals from corners and set pieces , ok he wasn't the most mobile but he did a good job at the back that season and we stayed up .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Even if they do the business and keep us up ?
    If ! No guarantees is there though.We didn't have any old players last season

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast