+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright

Wright is not a natural striker
    He missed two sitters on Saturday a decent striker would have buried them
    They lies the problem
    Nice lad occasionally a neat pass but that's all he has
    No more than a bench warmer
    Still waiting for that major breakthrough into the first team and a heap of goals
    Unfortunately been wating for several seasons now and nothing is happening
    Cannot afford to play him am I afraid. Harsh but true

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Wright is not a natural striker
    He missed two sitters on Saturday a decent striker would have buried them
    They lies the problem
    Nice lad occasionally a neat pass but that's all he has
    No more than a bench warmer
    Still waiting for that major breakthrough into the first team and a heap of goals
    Unfortunately been wating for several seasons now and nothing is happening
    Cannot afford to play him am I afraid. Harsh but true
    I think people are being a tad harsh on Wright. He did not miss two sitters.

The first was a great lay-off to Hedges, then a great run into space. Hedges pass was over hit and allowed the keeper to close down

The second opportunity he controlled well, hit the target and forced the keeper to make a great save. Much better than the one a few weeks ago where he missed the target altogether.

When you look at the chances created, he was involved in most and deserves a bit of slack in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think people are being a tad harsh on Wright. He did not miss two sitters.

The first was a great lay-off to Hedges, then a great run into space. Hedges pass was over hit and allowed the keeper to close down

The second opportunity he controlled well, hit the target and forced the keeper to make a great save. Much better than the one a few weeks ago where he missed the target altogether.

When you look at the chances created, he was involved in most and deserves a bit of slack in my opinion.
    Why?

Local loon?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why?

Local loon?
    What are you referring to? That he’s nae a weegie?

What are you referring to? That he’s nae a weegie?
    If someone like Hedges or McGinn was missing the amount of chances that Wright is missing you would be tearing them a new one.

And rightly so I may add so Wright should be getting the same amount of criticism as they would.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If someone like Hedges or McGinn was missing the amount of chances that Wright is missing you would be tearing them a new one.

And rightly so I may add so Wright should be getting the same amount of criticism as they would.
    Well, you’re way off the mark there. I don’t segregate our players. I’ve criticized Wright in the past and questioned whether he had it in him to succeed, but don’t agree with some people’s lambasting of him this season or in Saturday’s game

Well, you’re way off the mark there. I don’t segregate our players. I’ve criticized Wright in the past and questioned whether he had it in him to succeed, but don’t agree with some people’s lambasting of him this season or in Saturday’s game
    This is the most consistent game time Scott Wright has ever had. The formation suits him and he has formed a good partnership with Hedges working off each other.
    I think most of us would agree we are playing football that is actually good to watch. But, 10 goals in 9 league games is awful and the whole team must bear the brunt of that.

Of that 10 goals, 5 are from Ferguson (4 pens) and no goals from defenders at all.

The whole team really has to start converting chances for our confidence levels to increase, not just Scott Wright.

I don’t segregate our players.

Just seen the highlights.

The 1st chance was over hit by Hedges allowing their goalie to close down, 2nd was a decent save but he should have put it away.

That non penalty though! Jesus Christ! We’re due one now.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Just seen the highlights.

The 1st chance was over hit by Hedges allowing their goalie to close down, 2nd was a decent save but he should have put it away.
    I think that Harper, McDougall or Shearer with striker instincts would have found a way of putting the pass from Hedges away, 9 times out of 10. Wright has been shuttled around in the time he's been in the first team squad, and he's now playing the best I've seen him. His injury last season put a block on the promise he showed in the early matches of 2019-20.

My criticism is still of his speed of thinking and the frequency of wrong decision-making. Whether that will improve with experience, or if that's something that can be coached in/out, better qualified* people than me will have to judge.

*I doubt that this forum's self-appointed experts on skills, tactics, signing policy, training methods, catwalk appeal of kit, club finances, Bovril, programme content, stadium design, and whether or not our improvement this season is down to the serif font being used on the backs of players' shirts, will have the answer, but I look forward to their input**.

** like **** I do

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast