+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright

Scott Wright

Having watched highlights from U20s side for the last 2-3 years I've always thought Scott Wright had what it takes to break into the first team, and his performances at the end of last season and start of this season suggest he will quickly become an important player for us. If he keeps playing like that, he'll keep Stewart out of the team. Could be our most exciting young player since Eoin Jess.

I just hope it's not another Ryan Fraser scenario where he makes an immediate impact and alerts the vultures who'll come and snap him up before the end of the season. How long is he contracted for? Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Having watched highlights from U20s side for the last 2-3 years I've always thought Scott Wright had what it takes to break into the first team, and his performances at the end of last season and start of this season suggest he will quickly become an important player for us. If he keeps playing like that, he'll keep Stewart out of the team. Could be our most exciting young player since Eoin Jess.

I just hope it's not another Ryan Fraser scenario where he makes an immediate impact and alerts the vultures who'll come and snap him up before the end of the season. How long is he contracted for? Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?
    Absolutely an Aberdeen fan, Balmedie boy and he's contracted till 2019 at the moment I think without checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgins09 View Post
    Absolutely an Aberdeen fan, Balmedie boy and he's contracted till 2019 at the moment I think without checking.
    Without a doubt he has excellent promise, and needs to kick on soon, hopefully by getting plenty of quality game time.

Must be worth extending his contract until 2020 with a pay rise thrown in.

It's his 20th Birthday now the day so best of luck to the loon. Tis the season to make your mark kiddo.

Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?
    A local??

Name:  league-of-gentlemen.jpg
Views: 4389
Size:  81.6 KB

Happy birthday wee man

should definitely be looking at extending his contract by a year or two fairly soon. Great to have a young player who gets you on the edge of your seat every time he gets the ball

He has that thing Johnny Hayes has where he has the ability to get you on your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He has that thing Johnny Hayes has where he has the ability to get you on your feet.
    You can see in some of his touches, that as his decision making improves, he's going to embarrass a few defenders. Bags of pace and apparently with with some skill.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    You can see in some of his touches, that as his decision making improves, he's going to embarrass a few defenders. Bags of pace and apparently with with some skill.
    Agreed with the skill and pace.
    He's still very raw though and definately needs to improve his decision making.

I wouldn't go overboard though, he still needs to develop and likely to be back on the bench tomorrow.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast