+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wright

Now if him n Hedges can practice being a bit more clinical at finishing..

Wright has started the season well but he has a long way to go before he can start being compared to Eoin Jess.

He has a bit to go before he can be compared to Peter Pawlett in his 2013/14 purple patch.

Hedges has started the season better than him but that doesn’t get mentioned oddly enough.

Don’t get me wrong I hope Wright continues to go in the right direction but he needs to improve a lot.

I think he has been much better this season but needs to be more clinical in front of goal. He has missed a couple of one on ones already this season and the more you watch the one on Sunday at Dingwall the worse it gets. He hit the outside of the post and had the whole goal to aim for. From the camera angle behind the goal it looks terrible. But fair play to him and Hedges. Linking up well and I do like that his first thought when he gets the ball is to go forward. I wish more of the team had that attitude.

Yet again another bad miss i thought today. Needs to be more calm and show more composure in front of goal. We need someone to be clinical with these cracking opportunities. Sadly this is where Scott Wright lets us down.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Yet again another bad miss i thought today. Needs to be more calm and show more composure in front of goal. We need someone to be clinical with these cracking opportunities. Sadly this is where Scott Wright lets us down.
    Agreed, he needs to work on his finishing. The chances where hedges put him through was a poor ball too near the keeper, and although it was a one on one he didn’t really have much chance to lift it over or put it round the keeper. The other one where he had a bit more time and space, should’ve been a goal, he should’ve done better.

I think we create more chances when he’s on the park though - he gets more chances than someone like edmondson does even though he’s a striker - I think it’s because of his speed, ability to link up and find pockets of space. We definitely need to start putting away more chances as a team but I would keep Wright in the starting 11 for the Hamilton game for what he’s offering overall. I think he will probably be the one to drop out when Cosgrove is back.

Keep Scott Wright in the team when Cosgrove is back. We really don’t need both Ferguson and McCrorie playing against the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton etc. One of them should make way for Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Keep Scott Wright in the team when Cosgrove is back. We really don’t need both Ferguson and McCrorie playing against the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton etc. One of them should make way for Cosgrove.
    Ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Trolling in its purest form there just desperate for a bite ....

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Trolling in its purest form there just desperate for a bite ....

I personally would keep Wright in the team and put our main striker (not Curtis) in the team when fit instead of one of those 2 players discussed. Let’s see how they cope against Celtic at the weekend and my point about us having a more positive attacking approach will come to fruition again.

I blame David Beckham

Why does the floppy haired generation have to kick the ba with a wide open instep?

Perhaps Cyan, Magenta and Neon Green beets are designed that way - can't put the laces through it because they aren't on the top of the boots.

Be nice to see Wright blooter the ba once just to show he can.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast