+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BLADES bid for Coady?

Anyway, Coady. Why not? he was said to have loved it here first time around. Oh, if only the Prince would spend some moneyand buy us some players.

I'd love to have him back, but I just don't see how we'd get him within our pay structure even if Wolves are happy to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I'd love to have him back, but I just don't see how we'd get him within our pay structure even if Wolves are happy to sell him.
    Ill leave the question of wages to King Kev. Big signing on fee, bonus structures, theres always a way round any problem, so long as the player wants to come. Hes undoubtedly better than what we've got.

Name:  IMG_4622.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  86.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Rumoured to be currently on not much more than Brayford £15k plus. If true just hope this isn't another Ricky Holmes saga where we are used to bump up wages and get a new contract. Would like us to get the bids in quick rather than let it drag on and then we can move onto other targets.
    My point is though LST and FTB that Wilder has made his point on several occasions that he didn't want some players way outside the pay scale as he thought it bred unrest (nods towards the Pork).

Apart from Brayford who is an historical anomaly that we're trying to rectify, I think only Sharp will be well above of the new pay scale and he justifies it by being a prolific goal scorer and club captain. Are the likes of Fleck and Coutts and other better player for instance going to just shrug it off if we bring in a player on 3 times their salary especially after we've banged on about not breaking our wage cap so many times? I understand what FKB means, but if we got around it by using the signing on fee, you can bet that it wouldn't be long before others found out.

Maybe it's something that we have to do and it's good to see us showing ambition (if true), but I believe we've got something good going for us and wouldn't like to see it start to wain.

I thought Coady was quality in is spell with us and with Tufty as manager he could get better. However £2million is a lot and Leonard looks better value, leaving more in the pot for a CB and a bit of premiership loan pace upfront. All rumours of course.

Leonard won't look better value if we've already bid what chris thinks he's worth !

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Leonard won't look better value if we've already bid what chris thinks he's worth !
    Very true but then neither of us know if that is the case or whether Wilder is leaving this late. Just like we have no idea what the real bid is for Coady. All rumours and different opions, which is what makes a football forum more interesting.

Nuno has made him Captain at Wolves so I doubt he is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Nuno has made him Captain at Wolves so I doubt he is going anywhere.
    I think he was pretty much universally liked here, so we'd have him back like a shot. If its not to be then we'll move on. Good to hear he's making progress with you. He's a nice lad and a good player...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast