+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2306

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Good read that learning a bit about one of our old players (obviously before my time). He won a couple of trophies including a league title with the Dons and that itself deserves respect.
    On Wishart’ s death, I watched an interview with him on red tv. What about these words of wisdom: “From the end of the war ... we kept all our best players...the golden era of Scottish football... Aberdeen won the league, Hibs won the Championship 3 times, Hearts won...Dundee. It wasn’t a Celtic Rangers monopoly...the game was the better for it”

It’s the only way forward folks, but still most in the Scottish game are intent on mining the Sectarian seam for their own personal profit.

Regarding Barry M.: Upon his signing from Dunfermline he really was up there as the great new hope. I remember my granda sending me, with a bundle of match Programmes, a soft-lit black and white handout photo of the new signing. Made him look like a more genteel version of the Bay City Rollers. Alas, he proved even more ephemeral than the bye bye baby mob. Life’s lesson: life is so short and every moment is so unique. With Joey off to Everton, nobody was able to replace him. Not even Harper himself when he came back. Although he was pretty good. Doesn’t prevent us hoping for the better in the future, however. And that was the beauty of the Mitchell handout photo. And ever since, the new hopes have continued to come. From Billy Pirie to Sam Cosgrove. Reality always falling just this bit short of our dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    We still haven’t replaced Joe Harper, Frank McDougall was probably the closest.

Some crowd that night against Man U.

God knows what the official attendance was but there were about 15,000 in the Beach End alone.

RIP Barrie Mitchell
    Jeez, another one gone.
    I mind that Man U friendly (part of the Buchan deal?) and I think the official crowd was 35k or thereby.

I was stood in the ground (later, the South Terrace), by the corner flag at the King Street End.
    Dode Best took a corner right in front of me.

I remember Mitchell's goal being at that end and I remember his jumping air punch celebration mair than the goal.

RIP fella.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyFaeStoney View Post
    Just realised that Bobby Wishart died in December.

" .. who achieved the remarkable feat of winning old First Division championships with two different clubs, neither being Rangers or Celtic"

https://www.heraldscotland.com/opini...league-titles/
    His team mate at Dundee Gordon Smith won it with three different non cheek clubs, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee between 52 and 62.

FFS, now you have to go all the way back to Kilmarnock in ‘65 just to find three different non OF Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Has the 2nd series of that documentary been aired? If he's looking for an end to his time in Kashmir I'm sure Cormack could give him an option?
    Yes, was on BBC Scotland several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyFaeStoney View Post
    Yes, was on BBC Scotland several months ago.
    Just watched it on iplayer. Just as good as the first episode. The bits where he doesn't manage to say what his brain has told his voice to are the best.

I see Maynard has joined Newport from Mansfield. The piece stated he had "only" scored 3 goals this season. Lucky stags fans. Not 1 not 2 but 3 goals!!!

Ex Dons... lovely to be able to mention Cosgrove, Main and Ojo on this thread from now on!

Cosgrove doesn't get off the bench as Birmingham draw 0-0 away at Wycombe.

Ojo plays the whole match as Wigan lose 1-0 away to Swindon.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post

We go again.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post

Ojo plays whole game again and Wigan lose again. Second bottom of the league.

Big Sam gets brought on in the 90th minute. Sussed out already?

Page 135 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast