+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 140 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2302

Thread: Ex-Dons

And yet he has both an FA Cup winners medal and a Scottish Cup winners medal in his trophy cabinet. Not bad compared to his peers from his time with the Dons.

Is this the loan ‘keeper we had, who looked pretty average, but who did well in a cup penalty shoot-out at Rugby Park?

Boy’s done well for himself, it seems.

https://tbrfootball.com/arsenal-to-r...ip-season/amp/

End of Season Report: Scott McKenna offers Nottingham Forest optimism

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...rest-optimism/

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyFaeStoney View Post
    End of Season Report: Scott McKenna offers Nottingham Forest optimism

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...rest-optimism/
    Good to see he is doing well. He was a great player for us. The article is right about him being able to read the game. He always managed to know when he could have a little jaunt forward for us.

The ‘re-opening’ of boozers and eateries and the like is making **** all difference to me. I canna be arsed with masks and pre-bookings, timed two-hour slots, and the other necessary precautions which will, both literally and metaphorically, sanitise the spontenaeity of going for a pint or a king prawn rogan josh.

I’ll put up with it, though, to get to the pictures in the next few days to see this. I wonder if in the film he, Cathy or the kids will recall at length the huge influence on his Pittodrie success a train journey on 07.10.79 (2-2 away to St Paisley the day before) had on that season’s league win, and the odd bauble in the future, where a fellow passenger of the family pointed out the weaknesses in selection and tactics, and the remedies required to increase chances of success?

I expect that “awa to ****” will be the response.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...truth-rangers/

Shinnie named Derby's player of the season. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Shinnie named Derby's player of the season. Well done.
    Well done Shinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The ‘re-opening’ of boozers and eateries and the like is making **** all difference to me. I canna be arsed with masks and pre-bookings, timed two-hour slots, and the other necessary precautions which will, both literally and metaphorically, sanitise the spontenaeity of going for a pint or a king prawn rogan josh.

I’ll put up with it, though, to get to the pictures in the next few days to see this. I wonder if in the film he, Cathy or the kids will recall at length the huge influence on his Pittodrie success a train journey on 07.10.79 (2-2 away to St Paisley the day before) had on that season’s league win, and the odd bauble in the future, where a fellow passenger of the family pointed out the weaknesses in selection and tactics, and the remedies required to increase chances of success?

I expect that “awa to ****” will be the response.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...truth-rangers/
    I watched it on Amazon Prime the other night. I found it quite interesting - it did spend a wee while covering the Aberdeen years, but Strachan was the only person interviewed about it that i can recall. Best bit was when he spoke about hammering the players for celebrating a draw against Rangers. Lots about trying to instill a winning mentality. Hopefully Glass can take a leaf out his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I watched it on Amazon Prime the other night. I found it quite interesting - it did spend a wee while covering the Aberdeen years, but Strachan was the only person interviewed about it that i can recall. Best bit was when he spoke about hammering the players for celebrating a draw against Rangers. Lots about trying to instill a winning mentality. Hopefully Glass can take a leaf out his book.
    I watched it last night too. Really good quality documentary. Different take on his career, clearly influenced by his laddies experience.

Surprised at the Leighton thing getting so much attention.

Nice ending where it did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I watched it last night too. Really good quality documentary. Different take on his career, clearly influenced by his laddies experience.

Surprised at the Leighton thing getting so much attention.

Nice ending where it did too.
    Yeah I was surprised at the amount of time spent on the Leighton decision as well actually. I suppose the whole thing was really focussed on relationships - with his family, with clubs, with players etc I guess that was just an example used to highlight how he handled players at times.

Interesting too that he seemed to have a real anger towards Rangers after the way he was treated there as a player, despite growing up as a fan. I think he said in effect that when he was at Aberdeen his main motivation wasn't really to win trophies, it was to beat and do better than Rangers (which obviously meant winning trophies - but just interesting to see what drove him)

Page 140 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast