+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 202 of 231 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2306

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The link says that the article was in the Psychodrama & Junta on 4 January. I looked, and there’s fûck all about the boy who tested UTG’s drains when teeming the stroop either in that newspaper, or the ErsewipE which prints the same content but for toonsers.
    Canna beat a teeming o the stroop min!

Get Pressreader for free from the City Library service (before the philistine council bean-counters close it) and you’ll never have to negotiate a paywall again.
    https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/serv...and-newspapers
    Hey that's a useful tool I never knew existed. Tho my youngest loon works at the library ! Sadly to no avail I couldna find it either,

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Canna beat a teeming o the stroop min!
    My recollection of the origin of the term was in Keith G*lf Club decades ago when in an attempt to import a tad of decorum when female members were in the bar, “I’m awa for a p1sh” was substituted by “I’m awa to teem the stroop” in deference to the frail sensibilities of the fairer ***/gender/fitiver. I was only ever a “house member” as the club is less that 100 yds from the family dwelling, and the beer was cheap. I have no interest or aptitude for a game that could be improved somewhat by the introduction of tackling. The R&A, however, has thus far failed to answer my correspondence on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Hey that's a useful tool I never knew existed. Tho my youngest loon works at the library ! Sadly to no avail I couldna find it either,
    I think I saw the article, but that was probably months ago. The two papers were bad enough when AJ was self-sufficient in Lang Stracht, but now that cub reporters are inputting their copy directly from their Macs in Marischal Square, that sub-editing has gone the way of the other quality checks in the case room, and naebody at union-bashing DC Thompson gives a fùck about anything north of Carnoustie, standards and quality levels are worse than they’ve ever been. What with the poverty of food hygiene regulations, neither are even deployed as mock chop supper wrappers.

My recollection of the origin of the term was in Keith G*lf Club decades ago when in an attempt to import a tad of decorum when female members were in the bar, “I’m awa for a p1sh” was substituted by “I’m awa to teem the stroop” in deference to the frail sensibilities of the fairer ***/gender/fitiver. I was only ever a “house member” as the club is less that 100 yds from the family dwelling, and the beer was cheap. I have no interest or aptitude for a game that could be improved somewhat by the introduction of tackling. The R&A, however, has thus far failed to answer my correspondence on this matter.
    Everytime I hear or read the phrase 'Teeming of the Stroop', I keep thinking Willie Shakespear.

Maybe Aberdeen students could do Teeming o the Strrop for their yearly show, as they like a play on popular titles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Everytime I hear or read the phrase 'Teeming of the Stroop', I keep thinking Willie Shakespear.

Maybe Aberdeen students could do Teeming o the Strrop for their yearly show, as they like a play on popular titles.
    The original would, I think, be a bit of a minefield these days with its casual Elizabethan misogyny. I ken one of the Flying Pigs directors who’d love the tribute concept. I’ll ensure you get a credit if they script it and put it on.

Aberdeen's Washington Whips story remembered as iconic RFK stadium set to be demolished

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/...mbered-8045941

Former Premier League star Greg Halford, who played for the Dons in 2019, shared the clip of himself throwing items out including several branded shoe boxes.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-news-29017864

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyFaeStoney View Post
    Former Premier League star Greg Halford, who played for the Dons in 2019, shared the clip of himself throwing items out including several branded shoe boxes.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-news-29017864
    I have literally zero recollection of this joker.
    How many times did he play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I have literally zero recollection of this joker.
    How many times did he play for us?
    Signed for us from Cardiff I think, but don't think he played until the last game of the season and he went off injured in the first half.

Another name for the AFC hall of shame.

Page 202 of 231 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast