+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 213 of 232 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2311

Thread: Ex-Dons

“McGhee's underbite used to give me the fear!” 😪

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post

I also worked with Lee Dixon's niece.
    I'm sure this board has rules.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Black was always a favourite of mine. McGhee's underbite used to give me the fear!
    I'm 49 and when a kid in the 80s, Black was always the most popular choice of player to be when playing games of fitba with ma pals.

Unfortunately, I was never allowed to be him as I was deemed shyte (which I was, bad eyesight never helped my cause).
    I was usually allocated a fringe player name, as they were always classed as shyte.

I'm quite sure now when kids up here are playing fitba with their pals nowadays around these parts, it is all Messi, Kane, Mbappe, Duk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

I'm quite sure now when kids up here are playing fitba with their pals nowadays around these parts, it is all Messi, Kane, Mbappe, Duk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm 49 and when a kid in the 80s, Black was always the most popular choice of player to be when playing games of fitba with ma pals.

Unfortunately, I was never allowed to be him as I was deemed shyte (which I was, bad eyesight never helped my cause).
    I was usually allocated a fringe player name, as they were always classed as shyte.

I admire your candour - you were probably better than you thought and many of the others were poorer than they thought!

PS - Mbappe, DUUUK etc😓😓

I'd a thing about heading light shades when pished while shouting "Eric Black"

If you could jump high enough and head them downwards then they usually came off.

I was pretty good at it.......a long long time ago.

Could you “hang in the air” - please kids don’t try this at home without sky hooks!? Black was a redoubtable talent, but I recall a fallout with Fergie as he wanted to try France (Metz) I think!? Don’t f*** with my mate DD or he’ll head your lights out!
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 15-04-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Can you illuminate upon why that unusual practice started?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Can you illuminate upon why that unusual practice started?
    It was one of his lighter moments that put others in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    It was one of his lighter moments that put others in the shade.
    😪😪 In all fairness, I’m sure DD’s parting promise was never to allow their doors to be darkened again. It’s how Eric Black started out but he allegedly had a lot of girlfriends before he eventually married aged 61.

Page 213 of 232 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast