+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 231 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Dons

Aye, always liked Nicky Low, thought he was a player.

He should be hitting his peak now, nae hanging up his beets.

He may drop down a division and be part time

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He may drop down a division and be part time
    I thought at one point Nicky looked like a prospect for us but didn't work out unfortunately. He said some nice words about AFC before we played QOS in the cup so fair play. Thanks for helping us win the cup in 2014 Nicky and all the best for your future loon...

Fair Play to Kenny McLean Left us we got a fee for him (even though he was on a free!) & now Promoted with Norwich to the EPL !

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Fair Play to Kenny McLean Left us we got a fee for him (even though he was on a free!) & now Promoted with Norwich to the EPL !
    Well done to him and all that but is he going to get a game next season?

I don’t think he is an English Premier League player,hopefully he proves me wrong.

The same goes for Shinnie,if he signs for Derby and they get promoted I can’t see him getting much game time.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I don’t think he is an English Premier League player,hopefully he proves me wrong.

The same goes for Shinnie,if he signs for Derby and they get promoted I can’t see him getting much game time.
    I think McLean is much better equipped than Shinnie would be. McLean has been a key part of their team since he returned from injury so I think he will have a part to play. Shinnie doesn’t have the attributes for EPL, Championship is highest he’ll reach.

I've watched precious little of Norwich, but what bits and pieces I've seen (including a bit of tonight's game) he seems to be playing deeper than what I always thought his best role for us (a position that Del always seemed intent on shoe horning him into) namely "ten".

I think he has the ability and athleticism to play this role, and good luck to him.

We'll see what happens, but how many of us thought Ryan Fraser would be linked with a forty mil move to Arsenal a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think McLean is much better equipped than Shinnie would be. McLean has been a key part of their team since he returned from injury so I think he will have a part to play. Shinnie doesn’t have the attributes for EPL, Championship is highest he’ll reach.
    It’s possible McLean could play for Norwich in the Premier League but it depends how ambitious they are to stay in the league.

If Shinnie signs for Derby and they are still in the championship next season he will get game time,if they get promoted this season he will hardly play.

I think Shinnie will end up back at Aberdeen at some point like Anderson did.

It’s possible McLean could play for Norwich in the Premier League but it depends how ambitious they are to stay in the league.

If Shinnie signs for Derby and they are still in the championship next season he will get game time,if they get promoted this season he will hardly play.

I think Shinnie will end up back at Aberdeen at some point like Anderson did.
    I agree on all points, so you are correct!

If Norwich go nuts on the spending McLean is likely one of those who'll drop down the pecking order first, but I could still see him floating around the first team. I've got a feeling he'll get game time, but we'll see. Wonder if we put a promotion clause in the sale that will net us a wee bit more money? Seems unlikely as it was a great deal for us as it was.

I would reckon Shinnie will struggle for a starting place at Derby even if they're still in the Championship. If they're promoted he'll be nowhere near the team - in fact they'll probably not bother signing him if they go up. I also believe that he will likely end up down south for a couple of seasons and will then return to Aberdeen to finish his career.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I've watched precious little of Norwich, but what bits and pieces I've seen (including a bit of tonight's game) he seems to be playing deeper than what I always thought his best role for us (a position that Del always seemed intent on shoe horning him into) namely "ten".

I think he has the ability and athleticism to play this role, and good luck to him.

We'll see what happens, but how many of us thought Ryan Fraser would be linked with a forty mil move to Arsenal a few years ago?
    He could play in either position, but his range of passing does make him more adept at the deep lying playmaker.
    He always played better when others around him played better too. By that I mean, if others made the runs, or moved into space, he would spot it and pick out the pass that could spark more creativity.

Page 55 of 231 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast