+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 216 of 231 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2302

Thread: Ex-Dons

Ah Cosgrove, a divisive individual if ever there was one. I myself had a soft spot for the lad.

Whatever your thoughts on him if Birmingham get ~£500k at least we would be due 10-20% of that which is roughly one Callum Roberts in new money

An unexpected gift

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    Ah Cosgrove, a divisive individual if ever there was one. I myself had a soft spot for the lad.

Whatever your thoughts on him if Birmingham get ~£500k at least we would be due 10-20% of that which is roughly one Callum Roberts in new money

An unexpected gift
    I didn't rate him, but he did a good job for us and his scoring record holds up well.

However, his record at Birmingham is poor, you could argue he maybe needed more games to prove himself, but for £2 million they possibly expected better.

Poor loans at Shrewsbury and MK Dons haven't helped his cause and his time at Plymouth flatlined towards the end.

I expect him back up the road (on loan) either at Killie or Dundee next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I didn't rate him, but he did a good job for us and his scoring record holds up well.

However, his record at Birmingham is poor, you could argue he maybe needed more games to prove himself, but for £2 million they possibly expected better.

Poor loans at Shrewsbury and MK Dons haven't helped his cause and his time at Plymouth flatlined towards the end.

I expect him back up the road (on loan) either at Killie or Dundee next season.
    With Tony Doc going in at Dundee I could see that. Be interesting to see if any of Russ Richardsons ex-dons end up there.

An unexpected gift
    With reference to what we initially paid for him, 20% of that would be five Sam Cosgroves

The aforementioned Michael Rose has been released by Coventry City.

An unexpected gift
    Surely, we won’t get anything unless they make a profit when he’s sold?! Or, maybe we pay them 20% of their loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Surely, we won’t get anything unless they make a profit when he’s sold?! Or, maybe we pay them 20% of their loss!!
    haha I hope that wasn't in the contract!
    The English leagues are ludicrous now though and have been for some time, I wouldn't be surprised if we made some extra change on him

Credit where its due there's been drips of cash coming in from add-ons here and there - McKenna, Ferguson hopefully, getting a bit shrewder on this side of things after some very lean years

Paul Sheerin is Derek McInnes’s new under-gaffer at Killie.

Good lad, Peanut.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Paul Sheerin is Derek McInnes’s new under-gaffer at Killie.

Good lad, Peanut.
    Aye, when he was at Inverness our paths crossed socially with irregular frequency and I found him to a fine fella.
    Quiet lad back in them days, nae one I'd have guessed would go into coaching but he was affa young then.

Calvin Ramsay has joined Preston North End on loan from Liverpool for a season.

Probably to give him some game time and build up his fitness after his injury.

Page 216 of 231 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast